• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Tanks move slower? (after the update)

i8pptu

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 25, 2011
After having a long session today, I noticed first on Demnyask(Ya I probably spelled it wrong) the german tank (pIII) did not seem to want to go above 10km/h but after driving it a little bit it went faster but anytime I stopped it would go slow again.

Same thing happened on Barashka, but this time I was in the Russian tank (t70). Is this intentional or a bug or what?

Yes, this is a bug. Happens on all the other vehicles too.

You are simply stuck in first gear the entire time, sometimes it decides to fix its self.

on top of this, the tanks on Demeyansk are extremely buggy. I am literally warping every and rubberbanding all over the place. I'll be sticking to infantry on Demeyansk for now :D

Upvote 0
Yes, this is a bug. Happens on all the other vehicles too.

You are simply stuck in first gear the entire time, sometimes it decides to fix its self.

on top of this, the tanks on Demeyansk are extremely buggy. I am literally warping every and rubberbanding all over the place. I'll be sticking to infantry on Demeyansk for now :D

Yup my tank gun wasn't working and I could only use the MG which had no sound??!????

Upvote 0
Ehhhhhhh...no. That's just a wrong statement. :p

I'll give examples from just Sunday. True, the bugs I mention are tank related but these all absolutely happened.

1) RED OCTOBER FACTORY (Allies - attacking)
a) T-34s spawned on top of each other
b) Could not get out of unhatched commander
c) Suicide - choose right side spawn
d) Respawn on left (wrong) and again could not switch from unhatched commander
e) Suicide, respawn, and am actually able to control the T-34 this time (third time's a charm!)

2) BARASHKA (Axis)
a) Selected Panzer III and waited to spawn - was switched to spectator mode
b) Missed three spawn waves before I realized what was going on
c) Reselected role, suicided, and was able to spawn in
d) Could not get out of 1st gear and took forever to get to a cap

3) GUMRAK (both Axis and Allies)
a) Played in campaign mode on two different servers
b) Whichever side chooses to "attack" immediately falls to -17 reinforcements when the round begins; thus everyone in the "attacking" team has one life if they manage to spawn in before the round starts. If not, tough luck for those players!

4) BRIDGES OF DRUZHINA (Allies - attacking)
a) Initially spawned fine
b) Died attacking E; waiting to respawn
c) Missed two spawn waves (which are 60 seconds long for tank)
d) Commander forced respawn to get the tank back in the fight and I still didn't spawn

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. And to reiterate, all of these bugs happened in one day (Sunday, the 23rd).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll give examples from just Sunday. True, the bugs I mention are tank related but these all absolutely happened.

e) Suicide, respawn, and am actually able to control the T-34 this time (third time's a charm!)

2) BARASHKA (Axis)

b) Whichever side chooses to "attack" immediately falls to -17 reinforcements when the round begins; thus everyone in the "attacking" team has one life if they manage to spawn in before the round starts. If not, tough luck for those players!

d) Commander forced respawn to get the tank back in the fight and I still didn't spawn

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. And to reiterate, all of these bugs happened in one day (Sunday, the 23rd).

The only one of those I've ever experienced or even heard of is the Red October tank spawning on tank thing. Although can't say I've touched Gumrak for a while, no-one seems to vote it round the places I go.

I asume you have been busy posting such things in the bug report forums right?

Upvote 0

2) BARASHKA (Axis)

I have encountered these all before too.

These should really be fixed because on ROF and Bridges especially, tank is a key role and cannot afford to be bugged out because then the whole team of players suffer.

Upvote 0