• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Demyansk - strange tank spawn bug

BloodyWiesel

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Howdy,

there are some strange things going on.

On some servers f.e. ([40-1] server UK #1) you are not able to spawn as a tank commander (on both sides).

And on others f.e. (TWB "The Last Stand") it works. How could this happen?

Is this some server related problem?

Greetings

BloodyWiesel

Upvote 0
What settings are the servers that are running into the issue running?

I do not know this exactly, but what i know is that the server admins are also on this forum active, maybe they are willing to share their server settings with you so that twi is able to investigate the problem further.

I would love to use the tanks on demyansk :)

As far as i know:

1.) Both servers run in campaign mode
2.) Map was TE-Demyansk
3.) The tank is only selectable through the unit menu
4.) The role counts as selected, the timer went to zero, the system try to spawn the tank and throw you back to the spawn menu where the timer beginns again to count down from 54
5.) the tickets get deducted with an incredible amount

I'll guess the campaign situtaion are under some circumstances responsible for this, yestarday the tanks also doesn't spawn on the twi servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The tank/reinforcement bug is happening (as far as I can tell) on Demyansk and Barrashka. I have heard they are occurring on the other maps that got the new tanks however, I have no first hand information on this.

I am guessing that when the tanks spawn, they are taking all the reinforcements away. I have run the two above mentioned maps with no tanks and they did fine. Now, I also do not know if this bug is only related to servers running in campaign mode. If anyone has information on if this is happening on non campaign servers pleas post.

TW, the tanks are very cool and Demyansk if a blast to play. Thanks for the new content. I am sure you will get this issue fixed. Until then, I have pulled the new tank maps off my server and will add them back as soon as they are fixed.

Upvote 0
I have the tank maps on my 2nd Server, which is not a campaign server...The maps are running fine...So, the tanks are NOT working on campaign mode...By not working I mean they are taking all the reinforcements away when they spawn. I am sure if this occurs when humans take the tanks or not..But I think this assessment is correct.

Also, Gumrack has NEVER worked on campaign mode...The same thing has always happened...The reiforcements go to like -12 as soon as tanks start spawning...I always thought TW was aware of this but maybe not...

I dont care much for Gumrack, but I very much want to add Barashka and Demyansk on my campaign server as soon as possible.

Thanks LK.

Upvote 0