• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Weapons firing off-center

fredkruge

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2009
Canada
On the map TE-Coldsteel a lot of the time when I play this map I notice weapons firing off-center. Ive asked other people about this happening to them on the map and they usually confirm it with me, a friend was using a sniper and the bug was also happening to him with a sniper reticle.

Symptom 1: Bullets firing off-center
Symptom 2: When you press shift to hold your breath for steadier aim, while zooming in you will notice the iron sight shudder left/right instead of a smooth zoom in (also happens to sniper scopes).

Doesnt happen on other maps, and if it does I havent seen it on them in a while.

Havent elaborated on this in a long time, but its happening on TulaOutskirts, when you look at certain angles. If you look at the map, and have your facing the left or right edge it is happening. Not happening when you face for example, from where the Germans spawn facing the russain spawn.

Got a showdebug picture. http://i.imgur.com/Nz01QF3.jpg?1

Here is an example of where I took a shot, and where it landed. If you face the opposite direction (180 degrees other way), the bullet will land to the left of the sight. If I were to face 90 degrees right of where the picture facing is, the shot would not misalign.

Upvote 0
Havent elaborated on this in a long time, but its happening on TulaOutskirts, when you look at certain angles. If you look at the map, and have your facing the left or right edge it is happening. Not happening when you face for example, from where the Germans spawn facing the russain spawn.

Got a showdebug picture. http://i.imgur.com/Nz01QF3.jpg?1

Here is an example of where I took a shot, and where it landed. If you face the opposite direction (180 degrees other way), the bullet will land to the left of the sight. If I were to face 90 degrees right of where the picture facing is, the shot would not misalign.

Missed a TON of shots tonight when i played this and wondered why, love the map but was very obvious

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe that off-center bug is connected to the map being off-center? I will investigate and report it for TulaOuskirts. Can you please elaborate on which random other maps? Are there others where it happens frequently?

This bug has started to pop up in maps it did not originally happen to.

It just happened to me on guadalcanal, and I confirmed with other people on the server that it was happening.

Something is causing the bug to occur, its not map specific. It has been happening on other maps other than tulaoutskirts that did not have this happening previously.

Upvote 0
Something ill mention as a dead giveaway this bug is happening to you on a map, follow these steps.

1: use the tactical view (hold T) and face your character towards a compass heading. Preferrably north first (compass shows up at bottom right while in tactical view).

2: aim down the sight of a rifle and then use the SHIFT key to do the hold breath steady function. When you press shift it will zoom in your view a bit extra, in this zooming action pay attention to the iron sight. If it shudders left/right, the bug is occuring.

3: If it does not happen when you are aiming north, aim directly west or east using the same actions as step 1. Now, aim down the sight of the rifle, and then press SHIFT to zoom/steady. Pay attention to the iron sight of the rifle, look for it shuddering heavily left/right while in the zooming action.

If the iron sight shudders left/right during those steps, youve been bugged!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Currently happening to me on bridges of druzhina, the odd thing is I specifically noted that it didnt happen at the beginning of the map and it started happening to me later in the map.

So I specifically ran backwards in the map, and it ISNT happening there, but about halfway through the map while you aim directly north/south the weapon offset bug occurs. Hopefully noticing this helps fix the problem....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Happened on two maps. RO-RS guadalcanal (nighttime map) and then I went to a dif server, and it was happening on RO-Mamayev Kurgan. I was playing with a friend and when I noticed the bugs I was confirming if it was also happening to him (it was).

First set: While aiming north/south, bug happened and the shots misaligned towards the west. http://imgur.com/Z38a07e,XMmWrXc

Second set: I was able to get specific positioning on this one, and mentioned a similarity to what I said in Myshovkariver where the bug happens in certain areas of the map. While on mamayev kurgan when your near axis first 2 spawns, one on the far right, when you aim east/west the bug happens and the bullets misalign towards the north. But when you move further to the middle of the map the bug goes away and no misaligned shots happen.

Pictues: while showing jont and while showing the downed plane, that is near axis first spawn areas (east spawn)
The other picture is the east facing while near the middle of the map, when the bug is not happening. http://imgur.com/lLo1osI,zDbbqfN,ohrHuDW

Upvote 0
I'm curious as to whether this bug is actually being taken into account.

Once I noticed that the bug is area-specific ive been starting to walk around to different areas on maps and on TE-barracks when your in the very back of the german last spawn, the bug happens, but at the direct middle of the map, the bug does not happen.

It's a hard bug to notice but it's definitely still there.

Upvote 0