• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Broken AI on some RS Maps.

Foxiwan

Apr 30, 2014
The AI have always been a problem for me and my friend, we like to play in bot servers for fun, and then when players join we get a real challenge. Usually the bots do their job, though one of us has to be Squad Leader/Commander to get them to do it. However, on some maps (Phosphate Plant especially) the American AI just gives up after taking the first base. They get stuck, hop up and down, and generally do nothing while the Japanese AI one shot you from 200m away through smoke. It's rather unfair.

Now I know the response will probably be, "Play in /real/ servers." Well, sometimes we do, we just like playing against bots for fun and more casual gaming time. I'm not saying I hate the game, on the contrary it's my new favorite FPS/WW2 game ever. It's just the bots are lacking. They're barely an improvement on the AI from Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (which was released in 2005).

Now I'm not saying the bots ruin the game, it just makes it very irritating sometimes, and yet other times they seem to work perfectly. :confused:

Keep up the great work Tripwire, I love your game and hope to see more in Rising Storm soon! :D