• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low Settings Graphical Bugs and Stats

MAA54

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2014
These are bugs that I think are tied to low graphics settings.

On larger combined arms maps (and usually after playing the map for a while), such as Bridges of Druzhina and Pavlov's House, when looking in a certain direction the map becomes invisible, allowing you to see players and random map elements through the terrain/certain buildings. The direction and width of tolerance for this direction (how many degrees) do not appear to be consistent (though it always seems to be in a direction that annoys me most).
This bug goes away when the next map loads, though it may appear again if conditions are met.
Despite being a sort of "wall hack," this bug is more annoying than it is useful, since you can't tell where obstructions (including things as big as houses) or variations in the terrain are. This means I often get stuck on invisible obstructions (which I can't seen unless I turn outside the affected vision cone) or end up shoot walls/the ground when I thought I had clear line of sight.

The scope texture (along with the map/minimap texture) will sometimes become blurry and difficult/impossible to use. The blury scope texture makes the scope completely unusable (you end up having to guess where the shots will land since the cross hair is almost completely gone) while the blurry map texture just makes things hard to find. I do not know what causes this error.

Unrelated to graphics settings, and this is more of an annoyance than game breaking: my current stats have an impossible number of defeats given the number of hours I have played the MP portion of the game. Steam clocks my MP playtime as 27 hours; I have 900+ defeats. Assuming all 27 hours were playtime (ignoring loading, menu browsing, etc.) and only counting defeats as games played, it would mean my average game is only half a minute long! The number of defeats rapidly jumped up at some point, as the last time I checked it was at a more reasonable two digit range (~50 if memory serves).

These are bugs that I think are tied to low graphics settings.

On larger combined arms maps (and usually after playing the map for a while), such as Bridges of Druzhina and Pavlov's House, when looking in a certain direction the map becomes invisible, allowing you to see players and random map elements through the terrain/certain buildings. The direction and width of tolerance for this direction (how many degrees) do not appear to be consistent (though it always seems to be in a direction that annoys me most).
This bug goes away when the next map loads, though it may appear again if conditions are met.
Despite being a sort of "wall hack," this bug is more annoying than it is useful, since you can't tell where obstructions (including things as big as houses) or variations in the terrain are. This means I often get stuck on invisible obstructions (which I can't seen unless I turn outside the affected vision cone) or end up shoot walls/the ground when I thought I had clear line of sight.

If this occurs, open console and type umbra culling

The scope texture (along with the map/minimap texture) will sometimes become blurry and difficult/impossible to use. The blury scope texture makes the scope completely unusable (you end up having to guess where the shots will land since the cross hair is almost completely gone) while the blurry map texture just makes things hard to find. I do not know what causes this error.

This is a known issue, but a "fix" for it is to drop the weapon {BACKSPACE} and pick it back up.

Unrelated to graphics settings, and this is more of an annoyance than game breaking: my current stats have an impossible number of defeats given the number of hours I have played the MP portion of the game. Steam clocks my MP playtime as 27 hours; I have 900+ defeats. Assuming all 27 hours were playtime (ignoring loading, menu browsing, etc.) and only counting defeats as games played, it would mean my average game is only half a minute long! The number of defeats rapidly jumped up at some point, as the last time I checked it was at a more reasonable two digit range (~50 if memory serves).

I believe this is a known bug also and mentioned here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98518

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
umbra culling looks at where your player is viewing, and automatically culls away parts you cannot see.

However on the lowest graphical settings it seems that sometimes it can break in its ability to update. Meaning that someparts that got hidden for performance reasons do not come back on screen. Toggling umbra culling off in those occasions helps. (although there is usually a performance impact to go with it).

Upvote 0