• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Crash on launch--no solution found

Waldinian

Jul 28, 2012
I have 35 hours in this game, and have never had any issues before. When launching RO2 multiplayer or single player, here is what happens:

* I get the game loading splash screen (the little box with the japanese guy with the sword), and that stays there for a good minute or so before the game launches.

* The splash screen goes away, and the game launches. The screen turns black before any other splash screens come up. A couple seconds later, I get the mesage "RO2Game.exe has stopped working." When this happens, the top 1/4 of my screen is totally black, but the rest looks normal.

* I click "close the program," but nothing happens, so I have to go into task manager and force quit RO2Game.exe myself

I attatched the .dmp files for the last 2 crashes.

Things I have tried to fix this

* reinstall pre-requisites in RO2/binaries/windows RO2Redist.exe and pbsvc_hos.exe

* Deleted my RO2 documents folder

* verified game cache

* deleted RO2Game.exe and verified the game cache

* total reinstall (uninstall through steam, then delete the common/red orchestra 2 folder and the my games/Red orchestra 2 folder)

Nothing works. It's super frustrating!

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2014.05.17-10.55.15.dmp
    481.2 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2014.05.18-12.06.00.dmp
    508.3 KB · Views: 0
I have 35 hours in this game, and have never had any issues before. When launching RO2 multiplayer or single player, here is what happens:

* I get the game loading splash screen (the little box with the japanese guy with the sword), and that stays there for a good minute or so before the game launches.

* The splash screen goes away, and the game launches. The screen turns black before any other splash screens come up. A couple seconds later, I get the mesage "RO2Game.exe has stopped working." When this happens, the top 1/4 of my screen is totally black, but the rest looks normal.

* I click "close the program," but nothing happens, so I have to go into task manager and force quit RO2Game.exe myself

I attatched the .dmp files for the last 2 crashes.

Things I have tried to fix this

* reinstall pre-requisites in RO2/binaries/windows RO2Redist.exe and pbsvc_hos.exe

* Deleted my RO2 documents folder

* verified game cache

* deleted RO2Game.exe and verified the game cache

* total reinstall (uninstall through steam, then delete the common/red orchestra 2 folder and the my games/Red orchestra 2 folder)

Nothing works. It's super frustrating!
i have the same isues and i think it since the new patch i hope this will be fixed fast because i realy want to play :(

Upvote 0
I know you tried some of the things already in this list, but can you try some of the things you haven't tried?

0. Make sure you are running the latest version of your videocard drivers, and with that the latest version from windows Directx

1. close the game in the task manager if its still running.

2. delete your mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra folder

3. run the redist package located in
Steam\SteamApps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Windows

4. verify the integrity of the game cache
open steam -> right click rising storm / red orchestra multiplayer -> properties -> local files -> verify the integrity of the steamcache

5. try running the game

6. if it doesn't run check check if the resolution for your game is correct
MyDocuments\MyGames\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ -> open roengine.ini with notepad -> search for ResX and ResY and change them to the correct resolution for your monitor.

Upvote 0
I know you tried some of the things already in this list, but can you try some of the things you haven't tried?

0. Make sure you are running the latest version of your videocard drivers, and with that the latest version from windows Directx

open steam -> right click rising storm / red orchestra multiplayer -> properties -> local files -> verify the integrity of the steamcache

5. try running the game

MyDocuments\MyGames\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ -> open roengine.ini with notepad -> search for ResX and ResY and change them to the correct resolution for your monitor.

I did all of this to no avail. The file roengine.ini doesn't seem to exist though, which is bizarre

Upvote 0

5. try running the game

Thanks for this, so far so good. I'd tried most things but first time I've used redist.

Upvote 0