• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Assorted bugs and questionable design choices

cjsaurus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 5, 2013
Bugs:

- Knee mortar misfires, shows firing animation, does not shoot projectile. The new patch reduced the frequency but introduced another part of the bug where you can't reload or fire the mortar after this happens. Can't reproduce it, seems random.

- Can't get up from prone, keeps going back and forth between standing and prone for a few cycles.

- Weapons disappear after you pick them up. It says you picked it up but you don't have it.

- Can't walk over objects that are a few inches high, not even a piece of sheet metal lying flat on the ground.

- Knee mortars and bullets collide with flamethrower flames as if they are a solid object even up to 30 meters away. This might be a design choice, but it's a bug as far as I'm concerned.

These bugs have persisted for the entirety of the game's existence.

Questionable design choices:

- The new peripheral vision indicator is way too strong. I remember having it spot a guy lying prone 30m to my right that I wouldn't have seen even if he was on my screen. I was even sprinting when it indicated him.

- Betio objectives C and D can be satcheled from a ridiculous distance away.

- Guadalcanal: The defending team has 100 more tickets than the attacking team. I understand it might be map balance, but I just found it odd since all other maps have more tickets on the attacking team.