• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No sound using wireless afterglow headset

Diaceth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 18, 2013
I am sure i am not the only one with this issue and it seems to have been going on for quite some time. when i launch the game i hear all of the intro sound but when it gets to the menu i have now sound after that and no sound in multiplayer or single player. i have tried many suggestions and no progress has been made. yes the games audio is on in the volume mixer, yes the headset is working fine as it works on other games. so does any one else have any suggestions? or anyway the devs could give us any feedback as to why this is happening

So you have tried just using speakers? You have tried USB speakers or visa versa from your present connection? If these Afterglow phones have drivers, have you tried uninstalling them, let Windows drivers be installed? Just some thoughts. One of the "downsides" if you will of PC versus console platforms, are the many, many possible combinations of hardware/drivers/programs in PCs, some of whom may not play nicely together. :confused:

Upvote 0
Welcome to the afterglow twilight zone.

It sounds weird, but the only way to get them to work is by not selecting the afterglow headset usb headset :eek:

Instead you should plug the audio jack of the afterglow usb dongle into your PC headset (audio out) socket. Next select that PC headset socket as your default audio device. Do not select the afterglow usb device as your default audio device.

An tutorial video (made by afterglow) can be seen here:
Afterglow Wireless Headset - PC Setup - YouTube

Upvote 0
Welcome to the afterglow twilight zone.

It sounds weird, but the only way to get them to work is by not selecting the afterglow headset usb headset :eek:

Instead you should plug the audio jack of the afterglow usb dongle into your PC headset (audio out) socket. Next select that PC headset socket as your default audio device. Do not select the afterglow usb device as your default audio device.

An tutorial video (made by afterglow) can be seen here:
Afterglow Wireless Headset - PC Setup - YouTube

that worked thank you for the help

Upvote 0