• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

where is my head?

This is a better example.

l.jpg

Upvote 0
With the way some servers are set up, there are different ways player deaths are handled, first person view and third person view.

The servers that use a first person view for when you die allow you to see your legs, hands, body etc fall to the ground from your heads perspective; hence why the head is missing (avoids clipping errors when looking from head height).

The bug is that it still uses the same player-dead model for the death when in third person, showing the missing head. If all servers were forced to have First person player deaths then there would be no issue.

Upvote 0
With the way some servers are set up, there are different ways player deaths are handled, first person view and third person view.

The servers that use a first person view for when you die allow you to see your legs, hands, body etc fall to the ground from your heads perspective; hence why the head is missing (avoids clipping errors when looking from head height).

The bug is that it still uses the same player-dead model for the death when in third person, showing the missing head. If all servers were forced to have First person player deaths then there would be no issue.

Really?? What setting in WebAdmin does that??

Upvote 0

Really?? What setting in WebAdmin does that??

If I remeber correctly, it'll be in one of the Realism settings bits. I have no idea myself 'cause I don't have access to a server. :p

I've looked in Realistic, Standard and Custom and not found such. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps this is it, Mike.. Under the Settings/General Tab

//xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/ServerAdmin/settings/general

Under spectating mode:
3rd Person
3rd Person (Cameral Locked)
1st Person Only

Floyd, that's not it...those setting are strictly for spectating and are almost like a Kill Cam. We should, as Admins, be able to turn ALL spectating OFF. Thanks for trying to help. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0