• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] If you hang/crash at the splash screen!

I have faith in TWI fixing the crash issue, but i feel they may lose a few customers along the way.

I've gone from being able to play the game (although appalling fps/stutters/slowdowns etc) to now not being able to play at all, just crash at options menu.

Frustrating to say the least:(

The lack of communication is somewhat surprising.

*oh and reinstalled several times!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of you who aren't loading are stalling/crashing when the shaders are being loaded. Here's the fix for you. (this doesn't mean all of you are fixed!)

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC

There should be a load of .u, .upk, and other assorted files. Delete the files that aren't in folders (leave the folders alone!)

Then go into steam and validate the RO2 game cache. This will re-download those files.

Upvote 0
A lot of you who aren't loading are stalling/crashing when the shaders are being loaded. Here's the fix for you. (this doesn't mean all of you are fixed!)

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC

There should be a load of .u, .upk, and other assorted files. Delete the files that aren't in folders (leave the folders alone!)

Then go into steam and validate the RO2 game cache. This will re-download those files.

Thanks for trying Putz, but no joy.....:(

seems strange to be fine before one patch and screwed after another:confused:

Upvote 0
This is getting silly, decided to verify cache again, 13 files were missing, steam dl them, tried RO, crash, verified cache, 3 files missing, steam dl, tried RO, crash.....changed dl location, verified cache, 12 files missing!!!!!!

Tried RO, crash, verified cache and guess what.....12 files missing:mad:

God knows whats going on! think i will uninstall steam (only got RO2 in it) and dl RO one more time, if that doesn't work, i may call it a day.

I have tried every day to either get decent fps or get the game to run since the first day of the beta and its beginning to wear me out:(

This is not a rant, just an old man running out of patients ;)

Upvote 0
I have faith in TWI fixing the crash issue, but i feel they may lose a few customers along the way.

I've gone from being able to play the game (although appalling fps/stutters/slowdowns etc) to now not being able to play at all, just crash at options menu.

Frustrating to say the least:(

The lack of communication is somewhat surprising.

*oh and reinstalled several times!!

I am part of a gaming group of over 30 relatives and friends.
I was the only one of our group to purchase the retail version of RO2 (I wanted to test before everyone else forked out their money) and haven't been able to get past the splash screen since day one.
At this point I have advised that no one buy this game until these issues have been addressed, but to be honest .. after 2 weeks I am losing interest and am about to return my game.
There seem to have been many patches rushed out, but from the forums, it seems that most of them have created more problems than they fixed.

I would rather have seen TWI delay this game further, and make sure it was fixed and finished before release.

The lack of co-op on release as advertised is also an issue for us!!
This just appears to be another rush to launch tactic.

Best Buy WILL refund the purchase price of my game so I'm not worried yet.

I feel sorry for those gamers who purchased from Stream, can't get their games to run, and won't be able to get a refund.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this has become a joke... i give them 35 dollars and have access to the game for around 12 hours. then no ability to play for almost a week now. i wanted to convince my friends to join and play but now there is no way i can recommend this to anyone, which sucks because those 12 hours i got in were some of the most fun and refreshing moments in a fps i have played in years.

Upvote 0