• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] If you hang/crash at the splash screen!

So Ive always had problems launching the game, often I either task manager out and retry, usually 3 or more times, or just wait, as long as 10 or more minutes until it launced. So 3-11-2012 it wouldnt launch, I deleted my games/RO2 folder, restarted and...boom, a fast launch, so I exited, changed my games/RO2 folder/files to read only, and.....the game launches every time, in 20 secs or so, like 10 times in a row, that was the ONLY change I made. So,.......Im a lot less frustrated now. Is there a "down side" to the read only change? And did I actually fix it, or was there a TWI small patch I didnt catch/notice?

Upvote 0
Does "read only" cause problems with patches installing? Because Im so happy to not hang at the splash screen at the moment. TWB*SlowBull

Yes, if the folder is read only, any changes we make to the inis will not propagate. Also, any changes you make on the settings menu won't save. So, make sure you allow write permissions on the folder for updates at least.

Upvote 0
Beta is live now.

As a heads up, the next beta update will contain the fix that we are trying out to resolve the issue of the game being stuck on the splash screen for a very long time. Once it goes live, let us know if that helps or not.

In my case it seems to have helped! No hangs since the last beta release.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ah what a relief! Starting the game, knowing that it will start and knowing it will start after a break without rebooting and hoping is really fine! Ah... after so long months. I am happy that Tripwire keep their word. But from what I have seen from other Tripwire products, this is no surprise to me. I think other, really big SW distributers, would have given me and the other seemingly few people with this problem just the finger. Kudos to TWI!

Upvote 0
Ah what a relief! Starting the game, knowing that it will start and knowing it will start after a break without rebooting and hoping is really fine! Ah... after so long months. I am happy that Tripwire keep their word. But from what I have seen from other Tripwire products, this is no surprise to me. I think other, really big SW distributers, would have given me and the other seemingly few people with this problem just the finger. Kudos to TWI!

Great! Thanks for helping us out in fixing this problem.

Good, when this fix will be available in the normal version of the game??

This fix requires a large update to the game. The plan is to release this with the new game mode and content changes such as classic mode and new maps.

Upvote 0
Great! Thanks for helping us out in fixing this problem.

This fix requires a large update to the game. The plan is to release this with the new game mode and content changes such as classic mode and new maps.

Hi, I already posted this logfile to Putz but he did not reply to my post with any help or even why its happening. So i am posting the same logfile to you in hopes you can tell me why this is happening, and whether there is something i can do to fix it, or if you can. I purchased my game via steam, so it wont let me play the game as administrator(after changing the properties of ROGAME.EXE file in common file ect.). So your professional input is all i can hope for if i am to ever fix this problem. thank you.
oh and im sure you can see but it seems to be a connection issue? or so the error says in the log file at the bottom.

Attachments

• log file(1).txt
    1,016 bytes · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi, I already posted this logfile to Putz but he did not reply to my post with any help or even why its happening. So i am posting the same logfile to you in hopes you can tell me why this is happening, and whether there is something i can do to fix it, or if you can. I purchased my game via steam, so it wont let me play the game as administrator(after changing the properties of ROGAME.EXE file in common file ect.). So your professional input is all i can hope for if i am to ever fix this problem. thank you.
oh and im sure you can see but it seems to be a connection issue? or so the error says in the log file at the bottom.

Theses are the logs

As I mentioned before, we tested out a solution for this problem in the beta, and so far it seems to have solved the issue. We will try to push this solution into the live game as soon as possible, but owing to the large download size required for everybody, we haven't been able to do so yet. We're still trying out an alternate way to send out the change that would not require such a large update. In the meantime, if you want, you can try out the Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Beta (which should be available in your steam library). It has the fix for this problem, and also has an additional map and the RO Classic game mode that you can try out. The only catch is that you'll need to download the beta from scratch.

Upvote 0
I've been a huge fan of the RO series, and I'm sure this installment is, as I like to say, "The Jam," I just can't get the dang thing to work. Even with the beta. The beta results in the exact same issue. I wish I was competent enough to know how to post my log files, but I've compared mine to others and it's essentially the same. Where it says devdate ect. it ends with "failed." I've updated my BFG, yes BFG, video card drivers but no effect. No system crash or hitching. The dude with the MP 44 just stares at me while I search for a resolution haha. Anyway, I read the whole forum and tried all the solutions for the full game. Any recommendations on a solution to this issue using the beta?

Upvote 0
I've been a huge fan of the RO series, and I'm sure this installment is, as I like to say, "The Jam," I just can't get the dang thing to work. Even with the beta. The beta results in the exact same issue. I wish I was competent enough to know how to post my log files, but I've compared mine to others and it's essentially the same. Where it says devdate ect. it ends with "failed." I've updated my BFG, yes BFG, video card drivers but no effect. No system crash or hitching. The dude with the MP 44 just stares at me while I search for a resolution haha. Anyway, I read the whole forum and tried all the solutions for the full game. Any recommendations on a solution to this issue using the beta?

Upvote 0