• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Day 1 Unlocks?

Well some of us then. I'm not insisting on money, but seeing that I got a poor performing game that as of yet is not stable, I didn't get unlocks, I perceive that as literally not fair. Some it does not bother, some it annoys a bit, some are pissed. I for one feel like I've lost on serveral points iwth this product, and even paid extra, so that sort of feels **** and it would be nice to get some sort of recognition of that problem.
I dunno, throw out 'the ball' for everyone with a DDE, give me a killing floor character pack that I do not yet have. come up with some TF2 items. Give me a veteran bandage that I can put on my RO2 char. just do something other than sell master copies of the soundtrack on ebay, US only GPU competitions, and jokes on twitter. They cant really retrospectively roll back the stats for everyone once they've fixed them (maybe they actually should if its affecting everyone and no one would lose their proper stats that is).
I guess a really big meta problem for them as a developer with a certain name and perception is that the ones who where most favourably of tripwire, basically some of us fan-boys if you can see where I'm going. Those are the ones who got their hopes crushed the most. I really hope they can find a way to make up to that and revocer from it and get a nice following going, wiht smooth clan match videos and god knows what else.

Upvote 0
I would have bought the game for $45 if that's all they had. It's already cheap enough. The bigger issue here is that I paid $45 for the exact same thing as the $35 version. I wouldn't have minded buying the $35 version either, if that's all there was, but without the promised stuff, basically I got suckered, if you're going to look at it that way. When you are taught stewardship, and have respect for money and look at it as a gift from God for every cent you receive, then purchases, especially purchases like this, are weighed a lot. And in the end I decided to buy the Deluxe because I figured it would be one of the games I play a lot, and I could use the unlocks, and that I wanted to support good developers. Without the unlocks, though, it's a rip-off.

However, there has been developer word on the issue, so I'm not too worried. Great devs like Tripwire are sure to get the unlocks or, or they'll likely do something else to make up for it.

Upvote 0
i feel that we the DDE purchasers should get an additional unlock or two for the delayed unocks. that would make things right imo.

This ^ I don't even want my money back, just give me something else in-game.

tbh... i would probably settle for the soundtrack free (though i'd rarely use it haha) or even at the most, the first official DLC (if any) for free.

Upvote 0
Nice to see my post was deleted for being too negative towards this shambles.

However, I have emailed tripwire, and was contacted by someone named Alan something or other.

Even though I am very very annoyed at this, his rapid response, nice attitude and assurances he will help me get a refund, even from steam, have somewhat restored my faith in tripwire as the top dev for PC-only titles at this time.

I will still go for my refund, but if all goes as I expect, the game will be totally (or at least as totally as any game) fixed within a few months, so I will then buy it again, once I know I will actually be able to play.

I am sorry this has happened to such a great dev, I truly am, but that doesn't mean I can be sold non-working products, or products that aren't even close to what was advertised when I handed my money over.

Maybe they got cocky, I don't know.

It DOES seem that they didn't apply the patches that were released in beta to the full game though, as problems I had patched out of beta last week are again present now I have the full game.

I wonder, is there any way to carry on playing the beta until the full game is actually finished?

Upvote 0
I'm sure tripwire and Ramm or whatever are happy that they did respond to this thread so quickly, but without resolutions, they really did screw over anyone who paid extra. Yes, DDE got access to beta sooner, but for how buggy it was, it wasn't a luxuary or anything worth paying money for. I pre ordered StarCraft 2 and had beta, didn't have to pay extra, just a pre order. So when I pay the extra bucks and don't mind a really buggy beta from a new developer who releases game which are about 6 month premature. I'll take that, but the day one unlocks sounds like a simple fix that should have been fixed in the first 24 hours. So as I love to support and defend independent developers, the management which i guess who is to blame at this point really pisses me off. Any extra benefits at this point will make people who didn't buy the DDE pissed off too so it's by no means a situation that's easy for Tripwire, but one that could have been easily avoided.

Upvote 0