• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Insane amount of crash

Tamska

Sep 5, 2011
I've been trying to play this game after this new patch for about 2h and the game has crashed more than 20 times, and I'm finally getting tired of this. But I still try to keep my hopes high that the solution is really near(24h). Anyways where can I send my crash logs since I got plenty(about 65).

Please upload any crashdump files (.dmp) inside a zip/rar/7z folder. Dropbox or your uploading service of choice. Link it here when you've got it!

Please also tell us what happened when it crashed, so we can sort though them!
Ok I sent you the link via PM!

And about what happened when it crashed, well all I can say I was playing normally and then it crashed. But this is what usually happens: it crashed just after map change or sometimes I could choose the faction and unit type and when I was about to spawn( I can see the weapon) it crashed.

Upvote 0
Found this elsewhere on the forums , worked for me. Hopefully it will get you in and see what a great game it is. But please keep posting bugs and dumps. Everytime you do it helps.

You can find the ROengine.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

In the ROengine.ini go down to [Engine.ISVHacks] and turn these from false to true.

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

I tried that and it's working fine now.

Also, make sure you are not running Shadows on low.

Reactions: Tamska
Upvote 0
Found this elsewhere on the forums , worked for me. Hopefully it will get you in and see what a great game it is. But please keep posting bugs and dumps. Everytime you do it helps.

You can find the ROengine.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

In the ROengine.ini go down to [Engine.ISVHacks] and turn these from false to true.

I tried it and now it takes ages to launch the game(sometimes it won't even launch).

Upvote 0

Weird! Now it started working like a charm. Thanks!

Upvote 0

I can now run barracks with ULTRA settings and I didn't crash, my fps averaging about 40.
Take note devs, this fix seems to work!

Upvote 0