• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] If you have a crash, Give us the dump file!

Installed update. Seemed pretty stable. I was able to play atleast 9 full rounds before it crashed. Definately an improvement. It only crashed once after the update. I had scored a headshot with the scoped K98 looking through the scope and it froze up and crashed to desktop about a half second after i fired.

Thanks for the heads up. What is your character detail level set to?

Upvote 0
We're looking at the crash dmp files, and the next patch will contain quite a few fixes for the issues people are having.

My suggestion to people who have less than 3GB of memory or are running a 32bit version of Windows is to lower your texture setting and set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True in your ROEngine.ini. If you are crashing on certain maps such as PavlovsHouse and RedOctoberFactory but can otherwise play fine you are most likely running out of memory.

I thought this would help but it doesn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

Sadly, crash again after the 10th january update.
Happened when throwing a grenade at grainelevators. (But actually it just happens random I think.)
I have most of the graphics on medium exept character detail, which is set highest.

Playing felt smoother somehow though!
here is the dump file:

Cheers,

Lord Lovat

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2012.01.11-18.30.36.dmp
    513.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Ultra. All my settings are set to ultra.
As a test, set this to high and see if that helps. If it does, it'll help us narrow down the problem.

As a disclaimer, I'm NOT saying this will help everyone. This suggestion is for THunter based on the information I found in his dmp file. I'll be going through everyone else's dmp files as well, and see what's up. Thanks for posting the files, again.

Upvote 0
As a test, set this to high and see if that helps. If it does, it'll help us narrow down the problem.

As a disclaimer, I'm NOT saying this will help everyone. This suggestion is for THunter based on the information I found in his dmp file. I'll be going through everyone else's dmp files as well, and see what's up. Thanks for posting the files, again.

What can I do to provide information if the dmp files generated a 0 kb?

Upvote 0
game won't start after 1.11.2012 patching

game won't start after 1.11.2012 patching

the game was running quite well for me right until today's patch.
now i am unable to start game altogether. it doesn't even create dump file, just "Launch-backup" files.
i am uploading couple of them, hope it helps.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2012.01.11-23.27.09.log
    4 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2012.01.11-23.21.52.log
  • Launch-backup-2012.01.11-22.28.22.log
Upvote 0
I'm sorry to hear that. What are your system specs and did you already verify your game cache integrity through steam? I'm sorry if you've already mentioned these earlier.

It's ok, i didn't mention that before. here are my specs: Intel core i7 950 @ 3.07 GHz, 3,24 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 470 @ 1 GB RAM (I think)

Operating system: Windows 7 32-bit SP1

I already tried to verify my game cache integrity through steam and even reinstalled the game, twice, i set all details down as you recommended before but that didn't prevent the game from crashing either.

Thank you for the support though. Hope you can make use of this info.

Upvote 0
Cant play since last patch. It crashes when I am entering map. Tried singleplayer and multiplayer, deleted everything except RO_input.ini, restarting PC did not help. Here are 3 last dmp files. Please remove them after you download it.

EDIT: Managed to enter a map, but when I choose side, it crashes.

EDIT2: Everything was fixed by deleting ROgame.exe and "Verifying integrity of game cache" trough steam.

17 files were invalid and and they were removed. My ingame server browser was alive and kicking better than ever with hundreds of players - before there were many 1/30 servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are a few more crash dumps from when I try to play the game on my laptop. Here I can't see most servers in game and when I try to connect to them I get "Lost connections to the server" always.

But from Steam server list I can see them. When I start the game by connecting to a sever from there the game actually starts and connects to the server but instantly chrashes when it connects.

I now have to PCs upon which the game is unplayable due to crashes. Sounds kind of like a joke doesn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: [TW]redeye
Upvote 0