• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server No ROConfig.ini

JoshJ5Hawk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 8, 2014
Hey guys, I seem to be stuck here, I do not have a ROConfig.ini in the config folder when attempting to host a dedi server here. I do however have "DefaultGame.ini". Whenever I try to run the .bat i get this error
HlYzPPu.png

This is after following the direct instructions on the wiki.]
Any help would be gratefully appreciated :)

Thanks for the reply Ducky.

On the RO2 Dedicated Server Wiki page, it sates "The rogame.ini file can be found under \ROGame\Config\" in which the only *.ini files I have are the ones that start with Default. It seems like downloading directly from SteamCMD like I'm supposed to, doesn't seem to get me any of those *.ini files that I am supposed to have (Or am I just supposed to copy all of those configs, and rename them with ro* instead of *default?). Also when attempting to run the server I do get that error I mentioned above. Is that simply because it cannot find those configs and they aren't auto generating? Or are they not supposed to auto generate?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
The default*.ini files are the blue-prints of the ro*.ini files. After the download c.q. server installation only the default*.ini files will be there. You need to start the server at least once for the server to create the ro*.ini files.

The side-by-side message that you see is not RO2 related, but windows related. You get this when you do not have the correct C++ run-time library installed on your server. Try running C:\ro2server\Binaries\windows\RO2Redist.exe. This is also the reason why you don't see any of the ro*.ini files, because the RO2 executable did not start, thus couldn't make any of those files.

Last edited:
Upvote 0