• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 & RS Server is resetting my ROGame.ini when I start the server!

mark7891

Dec 14, 2013
Alright so every time I start my server up my ROGame.ini gets reset its back to if I'd freshly downloaded the server files.

Below is the ROGame ini text.
Spoiler!

Here is the bat file cmds I start it with:
Spoiler!

And here is what it says after I start it up:
Spoiler!

*EDIT* I tried making the config file READ ONLY but when i start the server the physical config file does NOT reset but in game and in Web Admin all settings are reset

Last edited:
Those ***BADMATINDEX*** messages shouldn't be there. Maybe your setup got somehow corrupted. UE3 does have some code inside that will rewrite the configs if it detects problems. Maybe this is what haunts your server. My advice is to delete the content of the CookedPCServer folder and then re-run the steamcmd tool.

Upvote 0
Alright it finished downloading still the same problem, here's the text from the CMD window

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
did you delete everything before redownloading (including the config folder?)

Ok this is with everything freshly downloaded:

Spoiler!

Even using the default ROGame.ini and changing a value (for example punkbuster level) it still resets, I think for some reason it always resets for some reason no matter what.

Upvote 0
Ok deliberately trying to load a map that does not exist it came up with this after saying load the default map when it said this map doesn't exist.

Spoiler!

Also it seams to say it failed to re-compile on any map I load.

Upvote 0
The path is: (C is my small primary drive) E:\Program Files\SteamCMD\red_orchestra_2_server3

It is server 3 because that's how many times I have downloaded it separately. I had it working fine months ago and for a few days before this started, before this happened I had no troubles whatsoever. I even had ranked servers (when I had them up a few months ago).

Upvote 0
No go still the same, below is the text from the CMD window.

Spoiler!

Nevermind the timeouts, my internet has decided to go slow and cut in and out the past few days. Hopefully the new modem on the way will rectify that problem!

*EDIT* Is it possible that my 'old' config files have become... inadequate (for lack of a better word) for use with the (newer?) server files? I don't recall an update before or after the problem started.
Here is the text from the server without putting the old files in just changing the punkbuster setting and enabling WebAdmin, it seems to be working fine. I'll change the settings to my liking and get back too you. Thanks mate!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0