• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server How to setup working redirect

Thejakimo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
How do I go about setting up a working redirect for map downloads? We currently have all available custom RS maps on our server, but no one can join unless they have the maps downloaded manually. This is a problem, as that means I cannot add them into rotation because it will empty the server.

So, anyone who knows how to work a redirect, please help!

problems

problems

I also have problems with the redirects. I can get it all setup in the .cfg files and it shows on map list.But TWI redirect is slow that players get download package failed at various percentages.

I'm on fiber and get about 4.5mb a second on any other game,but when i subscribe to something on the workshop it takes an age to download.

I would use our own redirects but the server and client files for the maps i want are not available or i cannot find them.

Come on TWi fix your speed on the redirects for us.You have so many good maps that we can add,but because of broken packages and slow speeds our hands are tied.

Upvote 0
All the mappers I know of include the server files in the packages or they make separate packages for server/client. How else are mappers going to get servers to run their maps?

Workshop is broken for so many, most mappers post links here in the forums that contain server and client files. If they rely solely on Workshop, get the word out to them to post them here.

Upvote 0