• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Starting a dedicated server help!

Hey guys, i posted a thread before..

No idea where the hell it went.

Anyway, have a dedicated server, some things weren't working, realised .net 3.51 needed to be activated. so did that, now i'm getting the same error i was getting on my pc at home when trying to run RO2Server.exe

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Address = 0x76b9c41f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x4773b1 (filename not found) [in C:\SteamCmd\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe]
Address = 0x4a5a23 (filename not found) [in C:\SteamCmd\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe]

The error already tells you what is wrong and suggests what you need to do. My advice is to follow that advice ;)

A server will only run fine (without stuttering) if it can sit fully in RAM. Apparently your machine doesn't have enough free RAM available and needs to use virtual memory. Virtual memory is nothing else than a file that sits on your servers hard drive. And apparently your servers drive is too full to allocate the required virtual memory. My advice is to add RAM to your system. Using virtual memory only causes stuttering.

Upvote 0
I find the quality of answers on these forums to be some what sub par.

this is the link to the original thread i made (apologies for double posting)

And states the proper error that i receive. there seems to be a fundamental error, unless i'm missing something. Are you trying to tell me that 8gb ram and another 8gb page file is not enough to run a rising storm dedicated server?

Here is a copy and paste of the error message..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ROGame.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51a75c04
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83c8a
Exception Code: 00000001
Exception Offset: 0000c41f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 77f5
Additional Information 2: 77f5650febdb0b11982090f0810b4473
Additional Information 3: 0225
Additional Information 4: 022591a4d304211b18d8d8d9786773bb

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

As you can see.. Nothing mentioned about virtual memory, so unsure as to why it gave that particular message at the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You should include all of the necessary information, otherwise someone will read:

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

and come to the obvious conclusion that you need more vm.

Pretty generic fault message though and the cause could be bad/faulty sofware/drivers/profile/hardware. For generic stuff I like to make sure all my hardware is ok, then reinstall software piece by piece until the error goes away. Time consuming, but if you are only given generic faults to work with, you must use generic fixes. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0

this is the link to the original thread i made (apologies for double posting)

And states the proper error that i receive. there seems to be a fundamental error, unless i'm missing something. Are you trying to tell me that 8gb ram and another 8gb page file is not enough to run a rising storm dedicated server?

Here is a copy and paste of the error message..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ROGame.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51a75c04
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83c8a
Exception Code: 00000001
Exception Offset: 0000c41f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 77f5
Additional Information 2: 77f5650febdb0b11982090f0810b4473
Additional Information 3: 0225
Additional Information 4: 022591a4d304211b18d8d8d9786773bb

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

As you can see.. Nothing mentioned about virtual memory, so unsure as to why it gave that particular message at the time.

Ok, So the Wiki was saying to open the RO2Game.exe for some reason? i'm guessing that's not how we open the actual server up? i can open the batch file which creates a server, and is online.. but can't seem to find the server within the Rising Storm server browser in unranked.

Really not sure what to do with this, hence why asking for help and the wiki just doesn't seem to be guiding me.

Server Specs are;

8gb DDR3 1333
SSD 120GB SATA III
1 x Intel E3-1225 V2 Processor

Last edited:
Upvote 0