• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server how to setup the online campaign mode

We can try to figure that out here. So far I know that changing bCampaignGame to True in ROgame.ini enables the campaign.
I suspect the maps for the sectors should be added here in ROGame.ini:

TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[1]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[2]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[3]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[4]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[5]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[6]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[7]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[8]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[9]=(Maps[0]="(",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

but Im not sure about that. I didnt have time for more testing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
bUseMapList=True
ActiveMapCycle=1
GameMapCycles=(Maps=("TE-Apartments","CD-Station","FF-Apartments","TE-MamayevKurgan","CD-RedOctoberFactory","FF-Barracks","TE-CommissarsHouse","CD-Spartanovka","FF-GrainElevator","TE-Barracks","CD-PavlovsHouse","FF-MamayevKurgan","TE-FallenFighters","CD-MamayevKurgan","TE-GrainElevator","CD-FallenFighters","FF-Station","TE-Gumrak","CD-Apartments","TE-Station","CD-CommissarsHouse","TE-PavlovsHouse","CD-Barracks","TE-Spartanovka","CD-Gumrak","TE-RedOctoberFactory","CD-GrainElevator","TE-Barashka","CD-Barashka"),RoundLimits=(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0))
TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Gumrak",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Arad2_Tanks_TWIv1",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]="[",Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[1]=(Maps[0]="TE-Spartanovka",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[2]=(Maps[0]="TE-Apartments",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[3]=(Maps[0]="TE-MamayevKurgan",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[4]=(Maps[0]="TE-CommissarsHouse",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[5]=(Maps[0]="TE-RedOctoberFactory",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[6]=(Maps[0]="TE-PavlovsHouse",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[7]=(Maps[0]="TE-Station",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[8]=(Maps[0]="TE-FallenFighters",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[9]=(Maps[0]="TE-GrainElevator",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

Upvote 0
Does repeating same sector twice work properly for you?
TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Arad2_Tanks_TWIv1",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]="[",Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

Ive got it set up in this way if I want to put 2 maps for voting in one sector:
TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Gumrakstation-B11",Maps[1]="TE-Gumrak",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

Upvote 0
Does repeating same sector twice work properly for you?

Ive got it set up in this way if I want to put 2 maps for voting in one sector:
TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-Gumrakstation-B11",Maps[1]="TE-Gumrak",Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

Unforunately i no longer run a server for this game, i can run campaign mode no problem on the lan with bots, but for the match to start i also have to play against bots. I've went through the whole campaign a couple of times and it works fine, but whether your suggestion would work or not i don't know,and the truth is i'm so sick of playing bots i can't be bothered anymore,i'll stick to Ostfront for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:D Ah, jackpot!

I've figured out how to correllate maps with the correct sectors they belong in, And.... How to allocate sector control at game onset:

TeamWithInitiative=2
CampaignAttackingTeam=0
TerritoryOwners[0]=0
TerritoryOwners[1]=1
TerritoryOwners[2]=1
TerritoryOwners[3]=1
TerritoryOwners[4]=1
TerritoryOwners[5]=1
TerritoryOwners[6]=1
TerritoryOwners[7]=1
TerritoryOwners[8]=1
TerritoryOwners[9]=1

This configuration for example should grant ownership of all sectors except STEPPE to the Russians. This may put quite a task upon the Germans, but it is more correct historically.

Sector numbers seem to be in verticle rows top to bottom:

Steppe = 1
South = 10

In the TerritoryMap section on ROGame,ini these correllate to:
TerritoryMap[0] thru [9].

Now... if you do a little Google research you can quickly determine which maps belong in which sectors and arrange them accordingly.

Here is ours. May not be perfect, but it's close.

TerritoryMaps[0]=(Maps[0]="TE-ZapadnovkaVillage_Beta_1b",Maps[1]="TE-Gumrakstation-B12",Maps[2]="TE-NoMansHill_B2_1",Maps[3]="TE-MyshkovaRiver-B1",Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[1]=(Maps[0]="TE-Coldsteel",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[2]=(Maps[0]="TE-MamayevKurgan",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[3]=(Maps[0]="TE-Coldsteel",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[4]=(Maps[0]="TE-Spartanovka",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[5]=(Maps[0]="TE-Stalingradkessel",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[6]=(Maps[0]="TE-RedOctoberFactory",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[7]=(Maps[0]="TE-GrainElevator",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[8]=(Maps[0]="TE-Station",Maps[1]="TE-Univermag-B6",Maps[2]="TE-PavlovsHouse",Maps[3]="TE-FallenFighters",Maps[4]=)
TerritoryMaps[9]=(Maps[0]="TE-Barraks",Maps[1]=,Maps[2]=,Maps[3]=,Maps[4]=)

A few of the maps are not historic, and are added for "color," but most are relevant. Even the use of Myshkova river in Steppe for a last battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok had our first crash today after running full server for over 27 hours. If a dev wants the log file let me know and I can get it to you.

EDIT: correllate maps with the correct sectors they belong in

TerritoryNames[0]="Steppe"
TerritoryNames[1]="Mechetka"
TerritoryNames[2]="Traktorniy"
TerritoryNames[3]="Mamaev"
TerritoryNames[4]="Barrikady"
TerritoryNames[5]="Krasniy"
TerritoryNames[6]="Nord" ( north )
TerritoryNames[7]="Ouest" ( west )
TerritoryNames[8]="Centre" ( central )
TerritoryNames[9]="Sud" ( south )

I went digging thru some files in ro2 and found the above info.

Wizz

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

Ok. I think I'm part way there. I've got the map cycle arranged in the order I want to start them. Do I fill in the TerritoryMaps[0]= based on that sequential arrangement?

Like others, I am getting the Territory Start Package error when attempting to join the server. Where is that defined in RoGame.ini?

How did you fix the " Territory Start Package error".

Perhaps there needs to be some ABC instructions for this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TerritoryNames[0]="Steppe"
TerritoryNames[1]="Mechetka"
TerritoryNames[2]="Traktorniy"
TerritoryNames[3]="Mamaev"
TerritoryNames[4]="Barrikady"
TerritoryNames[5]="Krasniy"
TerritoryNames[6]="Nord" ( north )
TerritoryNames[7]="Ouest" ( west )
TerritoryNames[8]="Centre" ( central )
TerritoryNames[9]="Sud" ( south )

This is correct. Stock maps and their assignment to the sectors (I checked with Stalingrad map) :
TerritoryNames[0]="Steppe" -Gumrak
TerritoryNames[1]="Mechetka" - Spartanovka
TerritoryNames[2]="Traktorniy" -Apartments (not real place, no historical place map for this sector so I put this one)
TerritoryNames[3]="Mamaev" MamayevKurgan
TerritoryNames[4]="Barrikady" CommisarsHouse
TerritoryNames[5]="Krasniy" RedOctoberFactory
TerritoryNames[6]="Nord" ( north ) PavlovsHouse
TerritoryNames[7]="Ouest" ( west ) Station, Barracks
TerritoryNames[8]="Centre" ( central ) FallenFighters
TerritoryNames[9]="Sud" ( south ) GrainElevator

CurrentTerritoryMap=TE-Apartments
This setting is supposed to show current map but also overrides command line at least in my case. Make sure there is map name here or you will end up without any map running on the server after restart.

Upvote 0