• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 Web Admin Guide

8SS.Steiner

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
101jager.com
This is a collection of basic questions and answers (using pictures as much as possible!)about the web admin interface included with the server files for RO2

This is a ongoing project. To add a question or a solution either PM it or post it here.

Table of Contents:

Starting up tasks

General Admin tasks

Last edited:
How do I start using the web admin?

First you must have your Server files, and the game successively running on your server (For the purpose of this guide it is assumed you have taken care of these issues)

Second Webadmin will be on port 8080 by default, this can be changed by doing the following:

Spoiler!

Once your server has successfully hosted the game close it.

Now that your server is not running do the following:

Spoiler!

And there you go!

Upvote 0
How do I login to my Web Admin?

Using your browser type in the address to your server with the listen port in the address

FOR EXAMPLE:
Code:
http://24.69.193.250:8080
http://ro2.myserver.com:8080
myserver:8080

You will be greeted by a page that looks like this:

Spoiler!

Your first log on will have your username and password as Admin and Admin (case sensitive!)

Once logged in you will be greeted with your Web Admin dashboard.

Upvote 0
How do I change my password?

To change your admin password (possibly the first thing you should do once you get the WebAdmin up and running)

Click the tab labeled "Administrators":
Spoiler!

Then select the admin you wish to change the password on:
Spoiler!

Once you do so you will get a page where you can edit all sorts of things on the Admin however for this question you are only changing the password. To Change the password simply type the new password in the "Password" box and confirm it by typing it again in the "Confirm password" box and click "save":

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
What are "Server Messages" and how do i add them?

In RO2 there are 2 types of server messages:

1) Welcome Screen - This is the screen that players see before entering the game on your server.

You can get to it by clicking "Welcome Screen" on the dashboard

Spoiler!

Once there you will have the following:

Spoiler!

RED = Your Banner, you must enter a URL to where the image is located that you wish to use, if it can be used it will display below the text box

BLUE = This is where you would put your first welcome message (possibly introducing the server)

GREEN = This is where you would put your first welcome message (possibly server rules)

YELLOW = This is your Web site address line (possibly to put your web site's address)

ORANGE = This boxes allow you to change the color of the text in the boxes it's next too.

After you are done click "save settings"

NOTE:There is a bug with this as of version 6 which the webadmin tool saves the text color incorrectly and making it invisible. To fix this you must do the following:

Spoiler!

2) Advertisement Messages - These are messages that scroll where the chat is on your server

To edit them you go to your General tab on your Dashboard:

Spoiler!

Then you will be displayed with the following:

Spoiler!

RED = Advertisement Interval: The time in seconds you want the messages to scroll (30 = every 30 seconds a line of the Advertisement Messages will show)

BLUE = Advertisement Messages: This is where you will put your Advertisement Messages, one per line. These messages can be your server rules, or general information.

NOTE: It has not been confirmed how many lines/messages you can have at this time.

After you are done click "save settings"

Upvote 0
How do I change maps?

To change the current map on your server, click your "Change Map" tab on your Dashboard:

Spoiler!

You will then be forwarded to this page:

Spoiler!

RED= Game type: Changing this selects the game mode you wish to run. (For the purpose of this guide i will not get in depth what each game mode is.)

BLUE= Map: Changing this selects the map you wish to play on. (For the purpose of this guide i will not get in depth what each map is.)

After you are done selecting the game mode and map click "change game"

NOTE: This will instantly change the map being played on your server!

Upvote 0
I think i have all the fields matching this post , but i already had a pw entered in the game.ini so i could log in the admin while in game using the in game console and commands. I cant log in the web admin with the default admin/admin or the pw i have set in the defaul cfg ini. Any suggestions where to specificaly look.

Upvote 0
Certainly add a run down of the add / deny patters for multi admins. I sort of get it, but I don't get consistent results. i.e my multi admin can get to the players page but can't access the drop down to kick or session ban.

Might be a bug but it could just be my inability to understand the most simplest of instructions because of all the excitement around the beta release.

Upvote 0