• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 Web Admin Guide

Certainly add a run down of the add / deny patters for multi admins. I sort of get it, but I don't get consistent results. i.e my multi admin can get to the players page but can't access the drop down to kick or session ban.

Might be a bug but it could just be my inability to understand the most simplest of instructions because of all the excitement around the beta release.

Once you get the hang of it, its not too bad.

You can add options you want him to have in the drop down box by including that option in the allow section. If you want him to have all the options just add the permission: /current/players*

Edit.... And by the way....I always like to add the /logout page

If you want him to have just certain permission just add those individually:
/current/players#kick
/current/players#sessionban
/current/players#mutevoice
etc.

To figure out what a priviledges url is, edit an admin and then press the "Toggle priviledge log" button toward the bottom. Then navigate to the page you want him to have permissions for and the press the 'upside down U" at the bottom left of the screen. That will give you the pages url and the permissable url options on it.

This screen shows the Toggle Permissions buttons in red and the option that gives and admin all priviledges associated with the Players page in blue.
Spoiler!

These screens show the permission button on the lower left before and after its pressed.
Spoiler!

You kind of have to go back and forth, but once you get your template down for most of your admins, its a snap.

EDIT: I always like to add the /logout page so he can logout. And I'm ALWAYS sure to add /* to the deny permissions when Access Order radio buttion is Deny/Allow.!!! Otherwise they will have total access.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Admittedly, I am new to UE. I'm trying to setup a "moderator-in-training" profile for my little brother. I only want him to have access to kick, mute and unmute. That way he doesn't go on a banning spree, and if he proves reliable, I'll change his privileges accordingly. But that's off subject. The point is that I currently have his profile set thusly:

Access order:

deny => allow

Deny patterns:

Code:
/*
Allow patterns:

Code:
/policy/session
/current/players
/current/chat 
/current/players#kick 
/current/players#mutevoice 
/current/players#unmutevoice 
/logout
However, when I was testing this via webadmin, I was unable to kick my friend from the server using this "moderator-in-training" profile. I got the message "You are not allowed to execute this action." However, kicking him was not a problem in my full-administrator profile. It feels as if I've missed a command that allows me to actually execute the commands.

Where did I go wrong?

p.s. Yes, the account is set to "enabled."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What are "Server Messages" and how do i add them?

In RO2 there are 2 types of server messages:

1) Welcome Screen - This is the screen that players see before entering the game on your server.

You can get to it by clicking "Welcome Screen" on the dashboard

Spoiler!

Once there you will have the following:

Spoiler!

RED = Your Banner, you must enter a URL to where the image is located that you wish to use, if it can be used it will display below the text box

BLUE = This is where you would put your first welcome message (possibly introducing the server)

GREEN = This is where you would put your first welcome message (possibly server rules)

YELLOW = This is your Web site address line (possibly to put your web site's address)

ORANGE = This boxes allow you to change the color of the text in the boxes it's next too.

After you are done click "save settings"

NOTE:There is a bug with this as of version 6 which the webadmin tool saves the text color incorrectly and making it invisible. To fix this you must do the following:

Spoiler!

2) Advertisement Messages - These are messages that scroll where the chat is on your server

To edit them you go to your General tab on your Dashboard:

Spoiler!

Then you will be displayed with the following:

Spoiler!

RED = Advertisement Interval: The time in seconds you want the messages to scroll (30 = every 30 seconds a line of the Advertisement Messages will show)

BLUE = Advertisement Messages: This is where you will put your Advertisement Messages, one per line. These messages can be your server rules, or general information.

NOTE: It has not been confirmed how many lines/messages you can have at this time.

After you are done click "save settings"

What the **** do I do when I accidently axceeded the attepmts to login and put in the wrong login info too many times?

Upvote 0
How can I change the size of the banner image ? Because mine is small but I've seen on some server had a much bigger.

I've only see the banner be the size that it is, nothing larger then that. So how to do such a thing I don't know

What the **** do I do when I accidently axceeded the attepmts to login and put in the wrong login info too many times?

Restart the server.

Hi, this is probably an easy one. I set up everything using the guide and it says my admin credentials are wrong.

I'm using the settings in the multiadmin file

Administrator for the username, and the long alpha/numeric string as the password. Is this right?

No if you followed the instructions the user/password is Admin/Admin That long string in the settings file is the hash for "admin" :)

Upvote 0
Awesome how-to guide. It helped me get our server up and running. Thanks for posting this, Steiner!

Question about the banner on the welcome page, though. The banner shows up just fine in the web admin console (I tried it on two different machines and it works), but it doesn't show up in the game's welcome screen. Is there a size limit or something?

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Upvote 0
Web Admin Manual or Guide?

Web Admin Manual or Guide?

Greetings to all from Down Under.

I am a Total Noob at this stuff and I do hope that you will bear with me. I have just been given responsibility for our Clans new Red Orchestra 2 server. Now I normally run our Graphics section so this is sort of throwing me in at the deep end, but I am willing to learn. :eek:

I was wondering if there is a RO2 Web Admin Manual or Guide that I could download? I would like to be able to become more proficient at the job and live up to the responsibility that I have been given.

Thank You for your time in reading this.

Cheers.
-|WaD|- Aggamemnon

Upvote 0
I was wondering if there is a RO2 Web Admin Manual or Guide that I could download?

I don't know that there's a downloadable version anywhere, but if you look at the beginning of this thread there's enough of a step-by-step how-to that it should get you started along the right path. Once you start dinking around with it things will start making more sense, too.

Cheers,

Shanny

Upvote 0