• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux Servers

If they are to make linux bins they won't do it until all the bug fixes are complete.

Otherwise every time they make a change or fix something, they would also have to do it to the linux version.

Sort of makes sense.

I'm pretty sure they'd have their macros and diff tools to do it quickly.
The content of the code is mostly the same, apart from differences in the file systems.

Besides, if Americas Army 3 (which runs on the UE3 engine too) has a linux server, I am certain that Tripwire can get one going for linux too.

Upvote 0
If they are to make linux bins they won't do it until all the bug fixes are complete.

Otherwise every time they make a change or fix something, they would also have to do it to the linux version.

Sort of makes sense.

I'm pretty sure they'd have their macros and diff tools to do it quickly.
The content of the code is mostly the same, apart from differences in the file systems.

Besides, if Americas Army 3 (which runs on the UE3 engine too) has a linux server, I am certain that Tripwire can get one going for linux too.

Upvote 0
did tripwire not get a full uengine3 license?
maybe they cant make linux bins because they didnt get the C+ base from epic. ($500k license)

someone correct me if i'm wrong though.

I think you're right because many games now running on windows binary license because of UT3.

Such as the games The Haunted which runs under windows server because Epic does not give permission to do so under linux....

Upvote 0