• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 Server Config Files and more setup info

We have a Xeon 3.2Gig Server, running Server 2008 (Hyperthreaded) so therefore it shows as four cores, when really there are only 2 physical CPU's.

If I wanted to assign RO2 to the second CPU, should the command be this?

-PREFERPROCESSOR=2,3

as the first CPU would be 0,1 I guess?

or does the hyperthreading count as one core in this instance?

Upvote 0
My understanding is that it doesn't take hyperthreading into account. For instance I have a dual quad core so have 16 cores showing. I want it running on the 3,4 core so my setting has been -PREFERPROCESSOR=1

Seeing as you only have the two real cores I would say yours would be either -PREFERPROCESSOR=0 for the first core or -PREFERPROCESSOR=1 for the second.

Upvote 0
No - You need to ensure that you place your server on either 0/1. 2/3, 4/5 or 6/7.

You can't use a hyper thread alone as the game with windows will only pick up a physical cores..

So if you were to use 1 server on core 0 and another on core 1 windows will give you some severe lag as it tries to shift the server on core 1 to physical core 2.

Upvote 0
Everyone,

[OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks]
bUseVAC=true

It is highly recommended that you do this to help catch/prevent cheating on your servers.

So if you disable VAC that will enable PB which i would like to run so i can stream the server at PBBANs. If not were do you enable PB. I looked and see were you can turn or shut off VAC, but i didnt see anything that would refer to turning on PB.

Upvote 0
root server

root server

hello,
what are the optimal server settings for 64 slots ...
I have problems with our servers to ping when I turn punkbaster ... the pings are in the highest and then there was ...
without pungbaster was exposed ... the pings are better but still not optimal ...

exactly where I can adjust what ..?

please help ...

thank you

Rootserver
INTEL Core i7 QuadCore 950 8x 3.06Ghz
24GB DDR3

cpu.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i cant load configs from...

i cant load configs from...

Hi,

i have trouble loading the ini - Files from the right folder. How can i specify from where the configs are used?

I ve got a StartCMD:
start c:\files\redorchestra2\Binaries\win32\ROGame TE-Apartments?minplayers=32 -seekfreeloadingserver -configsubdir=..\..\..\..\gameservers\1\ROGame\config -multihome XXXXX-port 7777

But it dont works. It even dont works if it change to:

I ve got a StartCMD:
start c:\files\redorchestra2\Binaries\win32\ROGame TE-Apartments?minplayers=32 -seekfreeloadingserver -configsubdir=c:\gameservers\1\ROGame\config -multihome XXXXX-port 7777

How do i use the configssubdir-command if i want the server to load configs from c:gameserver\any_number\.... ?

Upvote 0
Hi,

i have trouble loading the ini - Files from the right folder. How can i specify from where the configs are used?

I ve got a StartCMD:
start c:\files\redorchestra2\Binaries\win32\ROGame TE-Apartments?minplayers=32 -seekfreeloadingserver -configsubdir=..\..\..\..\gameservers\1\ROGame\config -multihome XXXXX-port 7777

But it dont works. It even dont works if it change to:

I ve got a StartCMD:
start c:\files\redorchestra2\Binaries\win32\ROGame TE-Apartments?minplayers=32 -seekfreeloadingserver -configsubdir=c:\gameservers\1\ROGame\config -multihome XXXXX-port 7777

How do i use the configssubdir-command if i want the server to load configs from c:gameserver\any_number\.... ?

Another commandline option that you will likely need:
-configsubdir=<serverfoldername> will create a folder under ..\ROGame\config\ so each server instance can have it's own ini files if running multiple server instances out of the same install folder
So -configsubdir=server1 , -configsubdir=server2 etc. subdir. not "full path".

And yes, Sandy Bridge is the least you'll need to host a 64 player server. Well, dunno how a regular old i7 at 4ghz will do, but. Yeah.
My i7 920 is hosting 32 players (admitteldy via Wine). Much more and it starts crapping out.

Upvote 0