• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server RO2 DDE Beta Server Hosting General Info

The post is completely concerning game servers and not clients. The main "game" thread (basically the "big" thread) of the game server takes up most of one core of the machines that I listed at the player counts I have listed. The main thread WILL NOT split across multiple cores. If you don't have a fast enough clock speed/CPU performance, you can't run 64 players, it doesn't matter how many cores you have.

I run a killing floor server on my old hp a819. That runs perfectly fine, and I'm curious about scrapping the KF server to start an RO2 server.

Here are the specifications: [url]http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00280715&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=449126[/URL]

Now, this computer is using Win XP OEM & doesn't even have 1 gb of ram (Though it would be cheap and easy to upgrade the memory). With the information above stating that the main thread stays on one core, would it be possible to host 32 players on a 2.8ghz mono core (With hyper threading)? I'm relatively sure that I'll be able to run 16 players on this computer, but 32 would be a bit more exciting.

I'm pretty sure that one way or the other I'll be giving it a go once the beta starts later today. I'd just like a heads up from anyone at TWI ahead of time. :D

Upvote 0
and server files are already up on HLDS.

So... does this means we can start downloading to host a Beta server? If so what is the command line to install? :)

EDIT: sorry, should have read the thread:

Thanks for the info Ramm!

In case some are confused, this is what you use to download the server:

Code:
hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game redorchestra2beta -dir "C:\YOUR SERVER DIR HERE" -retry

Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a question on a criteria being a ranked server

Does it have to be publicly open or will you allow it to be ranked but password protected. I ask this because GSPs tend to price their rentals depending if the server is Public or private (password protected)

Our group is planning on hosting a server and we would like to prepare with our finances asap

Upvote 0
Here comes the big question:
I'd like to become a provider. Not a commercial one, just hosting one or two 64 slot servers on my PC.

Ranked, if possible.

You mentioned that I have to send you the IP and so on. HOWEVER, I would host the servers on a dynamic IP host, with 30mbps upload speed.

Is that even possible, or I should just go and find some public server? :/

Upvote 0
Here comes the big question:
I'd like to become a provider. Not a commercial one, just hosting one or two 64 slot servers on my PC.

Ranked, if possible.

You mentioned that I have to send you the IP and so on. HOWEVER, I would host the servers on a dynamic IP host, with 30mbps upload speed.

Is that even possible, or I should just go and find some public server? :/

It's unlikely you'd even be able to run one, let alone two at 64. Unless you have some sort of super rig?

Upvote 0
Are there any plans to add Linux server support, and if so, when?

It's saddening to see so many developers skip out on this, I never would have though Tripwire would be one of them. Especially when using an engine that already supports it.

According to the site http://www.unrealengine.com/platforms

Support for Linux is not part of the Unreal 3 engine. Link above shows the advertised platforms.

I could be mistaken though, Im no expert.

Upvote 0
According to the site http://www.unrealengine.com/platforms

Support for Linux is not part of the Unreal 3 engine. Link above shows the advertised platforms.

I could be mistaken though, Im no expert.

I think this is about the games - not the server software. Games only run on clients running the platforms listed on the website.

Server hosting software usually comes in the Linux flavor just because Linux servers are so common worldwide. In fact, Linux is more popular than windows as a server platform if I'm not mistaken. It would be pretty stupid for Unreal/TripWire not to include a Linux server edition of their software because they'll be missing out on a large section of the server market.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Internode don't actually sell game servers, they simply partner with games.on.net to provide public servers.

real server providers in Australia would be ones like
Molten-Servers.net.au
Stipe.com.au
etc

Your not, Node have never done Server Rentals, and more than likely never will, so I found that there being the Official Australian Provider slightly odd too.

Not too mention that once the public servers don't fill they will drop it like a hot potato anyhow. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
thank the server are now visible in the browser...

can someone please tell me what it is ... still an error?

1)

Squad Member Icons:
Enabled X Disabled (I'm off ...)

but they still appear ...

2)

Hi, I have time to run server-5 ... there will be played where there are about 2-4 times a day a server crash with the message-rogame exe does not work properly ... please help ...

this mutilation rogame exe vielle people have also privately on the computer and it crashed also

Reactions: Game-Enthousiast
Upvote 0