• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Strange issues.

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
So I am helping Tactical Viper with his server. He want's to run WF maps. However he is running into a couple of issues.

Firstly his command line doesn't do what it says it does.

So for example he will put in this.
RSTE-Saipan?minplayers=32?maxplayers=32 -brewedloading

Yet it will start up on apartments with no bots. So I assume its doing a default one. This
TE-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=32? -seekfreeloadingserver

No idea why. Though this may be an issue with the server provider. The reason why we arent sticking a WF map in there is that the server becomes unranked.

The second thing is that whenever a WF map is played It runs in the countdown game mode. I mean da****? Only it doesn't run in countdown because the maps were never designed with countdown in mind. So you just sit there. No team selection or even MOTD shows up. You are just in spectator. The mod is installed properly. How is this even possible lol. When I stuck on the mod on my server I just chucked the files on, chucked the maps on then Put the maps into rotation in the ini file. Didn't even touch webadmin. However on Tactical Vipers server he does use webadmin a lot.

Here I maintain a server package for easy installation, just extract to server. Maybe his ini files are wrong, it should work with my package on a clean server: link to server package

I don't know why it wouldn't start correctly (surely because he modifies the RO2Server.bat file but this has no effect because his server provider has a start command line somewhere else; if he has control on the command line execution I don't know..), but with my server I start with this command line with no problem (of course I installed ServerEx mutator, and configured it to automaticaly add bots in its settings, and also automatically switch maps after X minutes when server is empty (this way, it auto switches to WF map in active maplist after restart):
Code:
TE-Apartments?Port=11110?MaxPlayers=50?mutator=ServerEx.ServerEx -seekfreeloadingserver -log=ServerLog.log -multihome=62.210.178.64

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah the provider was overiding the bat file and forgot to give the admin access to it lol.

However there's only two settings. What map it wants to start on and how many players you want. No bots and no mutators. Then the server provider said it would be a security issue if they did that lol. In other words they couldn't be fudged.

Upvote 0
However there's only two settings. What map it wants to start on and how many players you want.

The server control web-interfaces of GSP's are sometimes not that smart and accept a map name like "TE-Apartments?Mutator=SmartLoader.SmartLoader" ;)

If yours accept that as a map name, then you will have full control over what mutators you want to run (because smart-loader allows you to configure which mutators should be active and which shouldn't without having to fallback on the GSP's server start tooling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problem is that some mods like IOM (and surely HOTW of course) unrank server when loaded directly with the server, or smart loader.. This is surely why I used the trick with serverex to auto mapchange when server is empty, after xxx minutes, in order to load a map of the maplist, which is a WF map so it loads WF mod AFTER the server is started, and so it is still ranked ;)

here is the grey mod problem, reported since grey mods are in the game... http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=101722&highlight=mutator like so many bug reports, ignored.

Upvote 0