• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Demorec.

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
There isn't very much out there on how to use it. What I have found is that you log in as admin, open the console, type in "demorec <filename>" and that's it. When I do that nothing happens. Demorec isn't even a suggested command that comes up in the console.

So how do I use demorec properly?

No you must type in this Command in the management console of the WebAdmin. After that it shows that the demo has been started with recording and it shows where the File is beeing saved. Demorec only starts if the Servers is playing already a map atm or when the next round starts. You can find the File on your Server cause Demorec will create a Folder which is called "Demos" Location: ROGame/Demos/

I noticed that not in every situation the mesage on the Server "Demorecspectator ist als Zuschauer beigetreten" will pop up using this instead of Autodemorecording. I really love this feature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To watch the Demos, which where taken with the Management Console, later you only need to create a Folder called "Demos" in your MyGames folder:
OwnDocuments/MyGames/RedOrchestra2/ROGame/

there you put in the .demo files:
OwnDocuments/MyGames/RedOrchestra2/ROGame/Demos/

Start RO2, hit in the Menu the F3 Button and type in the console: demoplay <filename> and press enter. Be sure it works. I asked Gordon when we started our Server cause i had problems get it up to work.

For Demos which were taken with ServerEX Autodemorecordingfunction i`ve got a manual, written for my Members and I`ll put in the link here. It`s bit different cause u need to the mutator files copied in some ro2 folders.
Use Google Translate to translate it. It translate nearly 100% correct.
I tested it for an english clan.

http://www.44id.de/Demorecords/Anleitung_zum_kucken_der_Demorecords.pdf

But keep in my mind. Usually Demorecordings become unuseable after a patch/update and won`t work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For Demos which were taken with ServerEX Autodemorecordingfunction i`ve got a manual, written for my Members and I`ll put in the link here. It`s bit different cause u need to the mutator files copied in some ro2 folders.

That ^^^ counts for all mutators, mods and maps. If playing back a demo, then the packages at your gaming PC should be exactly the same as they were on the server at the time of the recording. Thus if the server ran mutator "KillAllBirds.u" version 1.2, then you can only playback the demo if you have that "KillAllBirds.u" version 1.2 on the Published\CookedPC folder of your gaming PC. It even won't work anymore if you have "KillAllBirds.u" version 1.1. It must be an exact copy.

Also it's advised to properly stop a demo-recording at the end of a match with the command "demostop". If you don't, then your playback might cause RO2 to hang/crash when it reaches the end of the demo.

Upvote 0
Yes of course you can. It`s just simply hit the enabled button. It`s folder is the same than you record it with the management console. If you don`t have access please restart your Servers. If you use Multiple Admins then you need to check the .ini`s cause after every switch of summertime/wintertime you`ll loose access to the webadmin and it`s caused by using Multiple Admins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
WebAdmin. That's an issue. Due to some really complicated to explain circumstances I can't actually access the WebAdmin for any of our servers. They are just gone the links don't work.

Check your servers ROWeb.ini file. Make sure that:
ListenPort is correctly set (default = 8080)
bEnabled is set to True

Can you record demo's with Serverex without the need for WebAdmin?

Yes. It's a setting in your servers ROServerEx.ini file. Look for bAutoStartDemoRecording and set it to True. Next restart your server. From now on each match will be automatically recorded.

If you use Multiple Admins then you need to check the .ini`s cause after every switch of summertime/wintertime you`ll loose access to the webadmin and it`s caused by using Multiple Admins.

That also happens if you don't use multiple admins. It's an annoying issue.

Upvote 0