• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Free Public Redirect Server

I've never had a need to run a redirect server for this game as I do not host any servers for it, but I figured since I do host a free redirect for Killing Floor that I could offer the same service to RO2 server admins.

Before I take the time to setup a directory and login for it; I want to gauge interest. I'd hate to spend the time just for it to never be used.

I think you will find most of the more popular servers make their own arrangements with redirects. I think TWI put up a community redirect but it was at a time when maps were being constantly updated and the redirect was lagging behind with map updates.

I would rather keep my own so I can get the latest maps fast and have certainty over it all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This isn't my first or only public redirect. I am aware of the trouble with hosting a public redirect and replacing/updating dated files. That's a non-issue with my service. However, I do thank you for your concern.

For those who aren't aware. I own, manage and maintain www.ut-files.com where I have hosted a public redirect server for the Unreal Tournament series of games for many, many years now. ;) Since 2009 IIRC. Right around the time that GameServers.net stopped hosting their public redirect. Prior to that I've been hosting Unreal Engine based game servers with redirects since 1999.

My redirect(s) are mostly targeted towards the average user who wishes to host a game server from a home connection who doesn't have access or the ability to host a redirect for the custom files found on most servers these days. People who rent game servers are normally offered a free redirect from their host, but should they not be they're welcome to use mine.

Full access to the redirect is given to the public. They have the ability to upload files as they see fit and replace/overwrite old files as they see fit.

Upvote 0