• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server is not appearing in the server list.

AXOXA

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2014
I just set up a dedicated server yesterday for my friends. I've joined it via lan (as it's hosted on my computer) though it does not appear for them and I cannot find the reason why.

I've forwarded ports 7777, 7778, and 27015 with no success.
Can anybody help me know what I'm doing wrong?

Oh sorry, I didn't read your post carefully.

Yes, it has to be ports and/or fw. Definitely some Win issue. Or could it be that your ISP is not allowing gaming server hosting and has blocked certain traffic? You do have static public ip, do you? Is there a fw at ISP, something that you can't control?

I have installed several servers and as long as you have only one server running on same ip, the default ports (and rest of the default server config) should be just fine for RO2 itself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The external ip I have is dynamic, not static. My friends tried to connect to the public ip I got off of various websites.

The port forwarding may be the problem, the ports have to be set to either my computer or some other device's internal ip. They were set to my computer and then my router but neither worked. Or it might be that it isn't static.

I'll try to see if I can't mess with either of those to fix it, thanks for your help.

Upvote 0