• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server "Roles", Banner Dimensions and Gameplay Overrides

Dealman

Feb 25, 2011
Sweden
I've recently got my server approved to be a ranked one. And there's still a few things I need to iron out. Hopefully some of you guys will be able to assist me in either of those questions - which would be greatly appreciated.

1. My server is only showing up as having Tanks in map roles. How do I get it to show both Tanks and Infantry? My server is Combined Arms.

2. What are the recommended banner dimensions?

3. I found some very interesting options in the WebAdmin under Gameplay Overrides. Is there a way to add those settings to the config file so they're permanent? I'd rather not have to set those every time a map changes.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Also, is there a way to modify the gamemodes? I'm currently running Territory, but it's really annoying when the match ends due to all objectives being captured. I want a Combined Armed server running a typical conquest-like gamemode. I found Territory to be the closest one, and it would be nice if the matches could be a bit longer.

Last edited:
1. My server is only showing up as having Tanks in map roles. How do I get it to show both Tanks and Infantry? My server is Combined Arms.

Do you mean you are only getting tanks and no infantry? Or do you want tanks on every single map. If it is the latter, you can't. Tanks will only be on maps that were designed to have tanks. There are plenty.

2. What are the recommended banner dimensions?

You mean the Welcome Image ? I am using 1368 X 200. But I just experimented to get those dimensions. Make sure the file is a *.png.

3. I found some very interesting options in the WebAdmin under Gameplay Overrides. Is there a way to add those settings to the config file so they're permanent? I'd rather not have to set those every time a map changes.

You shouldn't have to change them after each map change. Check if you ROGame.ini is not write protected. Also you will need to change your server from Realism or Class to Custom to have access to all of the possible setting changes but be warned some will result in your server not keeping its ranked status.

Best advice is to change one setting at a time and see if your server remains ranked after a map restart.

Also, is there a way to modify the gamemodes? I'm currently running Territory, but it's really annoying when the match ends due to all objectives being captured. I want a Combined Armed server running a typical conquest-like gamemode. I found Territory to be the closest one, and it would be nice if the matches could be a bit longer.

It is what it is to a great extent. You can remove the time clock but im not sure what impact it has on server ranking.

Upvote 0
Do you mean you are only getting tanks and no infantry? Or do you want tanks on every single map. If it is the latter, you can't. Tanks will only be on maps that were designed to have tanks. There are plenty.

Nah, I mean in the server list. You know those icons to the left? It only has the icon for tanks, but not for infantry. All of my maps support both tank and infantry, yet only the icon for tanks are displaying.

You mean the Welcome Image ? I am using 1368 X 200. But I just experimented to get those dimensions. Make sure the file is a *.png.

Alright, thanks! I'll try it out :)

You shouldn't have to change them after each map change. Check if you ROGame.ini is not write protected. Also you will need to change your server from Realism or Class to Custom to have access to all of the possible setting changes but be warned some will result in your server not keeping its ranked status.

Best advice is to change one setting at a time and see if your server remains ranked after a map restar

Yeah, I forgot to edit. I managed to find their parameters. In case anyone wants to know those as well, here are the ones I'm currently using;
Code:
bLegDamageSlowsPlayer=True
bClassicStaminaAndSprinting=True
bStopSprintingWhenExhausted=True
bWeaponHandlingClassic=True
bNoControlledBreathingZoom=True
bIncreasedSuppressionEffects=True
bIncreasedBreathStaminaEffects=True

Upvote 0