• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server can I use a domain to apply for a ranked server?

Basically if I used a service like no-ip to get a domain like for example: orchestra.com, then have service to link my external ip to the domain name? Is there anyway please? Because I have a dynamic ip. :((((

I guess you have checked from your ISP, but still: Are you sure there is no way to get static ip on your current service? It costs a little, but so does domain name hosting too.

Secondly, are you sure you need to set up a server :D There are already too many empty servers around. Only chance for a new server is a well established community that will bring 20 regular players on server every night. After that, the server will fill up.

Don't get me wrong, server keeping is fun. But getting players there is another story.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I have tried to get a static IP from my ISP but they only allow business customers to have a static ip . I know there are many servers with empty people, but this server was for about 4 to 5 mates to play on. I was the only one able to setup a server. So is there a way to add a domain name to the ranked server list that would lead to a IP of the server, then I could have a program that updates the IP to the domain name on my computer.

Thanks, Luke.:)

Upvote 0
I don't think so, you must use a static IP address, and I'm pretty sure you should have a dedicated box or rent a server, because they do not want to allow servers in the ranking system that don't match the minimum system requirement (servers that will not allow people to have a good game experience); but some people do have static IP's and have a ranked server in their house so.. I'm not sure for that dedicated/rented server, but for sure you need a static IP.

Upvote 0