• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Help with Anti Cheat.

Hi, I would to ask if there are something another of punkbuster.
So. I have a dedicated server on Ro2, with punkbuster on I have many problems with lag and ping, but without it I have many problems with hackers and cheaters.
So I would to know, can I block entry in server at people with changed personal config and if there some other anti cheat for the server?. Thanks :eek:

Hi, on the PBBans.com Homepage pls create a Forum account. You can login then to PBBans.com. First you can add your PB to the Streaminglist. You`ll first become a Litestreamer. This means that if you`ve caught a cheater he`will be only added to the UnofficialMasterBanIndex automatically. If you`re are in the conditions to become a Fullstreamer it prevents your Server even against Cheaters who are only listed at the UMBI. But you`ll have a bit more stuff as Fullstreamer available.

To have a better config, the standard isn`t new (for us it was`nt new I discoverd), go here and read the manual please:
http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-cvarmd5guide.html

then go here to download the 3 Files:
http://www.pbbans.com/master-config-index.html

1. Donwload Both: CVAR&MD5
  2. Download: PBSV
  3. Add your Server to the Streaminglist like it is discribed in the HubGuide

Walk through the config and make some small adjustments like:

• pb_sv_ExtChar
  • pb_sv_AliasMax

• CVAR Checks you need to create by your own cause Punkbuster comes without them for RO2. But creating this is easier than it looks if you`ve time to read and understand what you`re doing. Especially when you need these Checks...lol...

• This Configuration has a MD5 Tool List which is not in the Standardconfiguration every RO2 Server has.

• At the Moment VAC and PB are the Systems who protect RO2.
With CVAR Checks you can Block the entry for players who play with a changed config. If Punkbuster is enabled the Player will be kicked after a short time. The Player will receive a CVAR Warning Message.

• But Note: If you are a Lite-/Fullstreamer at Punkbuster and you`ve enabled a "Join Greeting" at the Server Management Tab in your PBBans Account Control Panel , then the Player will not be kicked for a CVAR Violence. I think this must be a Bug or an Issue. But i don`t know who is causing this Issue. Maybe PB or RO. Don`t worry about kicked Players for CVAR restriction cause there is non official Punkbuster List available, but for the most others Games there is one. That means: If you have set a configuration and you are a Lite-/Fullstreamer and Players are kicked for a CVAR Violence ,nothing happens to them. They don`t enter the MasterBanIndex cause you`ve set something which is not registered for this Game at Punkbuster.
For Problems with Highpingers: Please install the ServerEx-Mutator on your Server. It has a Option to set: Highest Allowed Average Ping
When you`re stressed by People who come always along with the Highest Pings and you can`t shoot them cause they`re bunny hopping feel free to use this option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0