• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Problem with high Pings

Hi Butch thanks again for good help. So my Question is what should complete Start.bat looks like?

That`s the current one as example:
start .\Binaries\win32\rogame te-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=32? -brewedloading

Should it looke like? start .\Binaries\win32\rogame te-Apartments?minplayers=0?maxplayers=32? -PREFERPROCESSOR=0,1 -brewedloading

Or does the prefer entry needs to placed at an other position?

Upvote 0
Before it was seekfreeloading. Don`t know what it does.
But: i noticed in our Webinterface, were i had set in the restart options the commandline for all mutators we`re running to load them, that i still had there the old entry seekfreeloading which not matches with the new brewedloading in the original Start.bat on the Server which can be found per FTP Login. The result was that after the automatic restart at 5 o`clock in the morning the Server`s shut down and can`t restart. So i had to change the Entry even in our Webinterface.

Upvote 0
I am still using -seekfreeloadingserver in my command line and cant report any issues. I use the UGCC Game Server Control Panel to manage my servers and do the auto restarts etc. Everything is working fine.

I might try changing it for -brewedloading and seeing what happens. Wont be for a few days as I am out of town on business but i will report back here with anything I notice.

Upvote 0
The cpu usage is 90-100% with -PREFERPROCESSOR=1 i think the game hate windows :)

All our official servers using windows server 2008 R2 and are e3-1270 servers with a base CPU speed of 3.4ghz, but also with turbo enabled which means the server is usually running at 3.5-3.6 ghz. On these type of machines we usually hit 50-60% CPU utilization per core. Game server provided have told us this is excellent performance for a modern 64 player shooter (in other words, it runs way better than the recent battlefield games on a server).

Your machine looks like it may be slightly below the recommended specs, but I would guess that it could still handle the game fine. A few things to consider:

- is this server using virtualization? The RO2 server is not compatible with virtualization software, and will run terrible when virtualized.
- are there other game server instances running on the same machine? You need to make sure every instance of the RO2 game server has exclusive access to 1 core of your machine with no other programs using that core.
- make sure you are not putting more than one instance of an RO2 server on the same physical core. With hyper threading, core 0 and 1 are the same physical core for example. So make sure all of your RO2 servers on the same machine use either all even, or all odd numbered cores with your preferprocessor commandline argument. This will ensure they are all running on their own physical CPU core.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I have not noticed any difference between -PREFERPROCESSOR=A,B and -PREFERPROCESSOR=A

Main thread runs on core A and other very small threads on other cores despite the B mentioned. Win 2008/2012 Server may be better in this aspect. I'm using Win 7 as server OS, since I happen to have those licences.

Just make sure core A is a REAL core, not hyper-thread of some core. If in doubt, use A=0 (it is always real core, regardless of cpu).

Upvote 0