• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Island Assault content pack for Rising Storm/RO2

Personally regarding to time I would be a fan of basically adjusting lockdown, so it can vary on a per cap ability. And completely doing away with the total map time. The same with reinforcements.

No matter how look you took for the first bit you should have a fair chance for the next objective.

However logically on some maps where multiple sets of objectives are open at one time it would need some adjustments like on apartments the first 2 objectives are part of the same single clock etc.

Upvote 0
Personally regarding to time I would be a fan of basically adjusting lockdown, so it can vary on a per cap ability. And completely doing away with the total map time. The same with reinforcements.

No matter how look you took for the first bit you should have a fair chance for the next objective.

However logically on some maps where multiple sets of objectives are open at one time it would need some adjustments like on apartments the first 2 objectives are part of the same single clock etc.

100% supportive on this suggestion.

Time being based on the current objective would work out great. If your team gets stuck on the first couple caps you stll have a fighting chance for the rest.

Upvote 0
Simple Fix!!! Make the damn time server option, that way an admin can set their server to what ever the hell they want. Some will set their server to 5 min and others to 2 hours , or what ever they want. Everybody Happy Happy. :D

Agree as well! ..

Except that idea would infringe on TWI's perception of balance. If made possible it would probably unrank the server :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • All new level: Betio. The tiny island of Betio was the scene of the heaviest fighting during the Battle of Tarawa in November 1943, the first major US amphibious offensive of the Pacific Theater. The map here recreates the push of the US 2nd Marine Division across the devastated island against their counterparts in the 6th Special Naval Landing Force (the Japanese 'Marines') as the US forces attempt to disable key tactical objectives such as naval guns and transmitter stations. The map favors desperate pitched defenses and assaults at all costs.
I really believed we would get the whole island as the playable map, was kind of disappointed to see that it was just a small segment :(

Upvote 0
Just noticed the old RO2 music theme is randomly appearing in the main menu. Good job! :)

I think it will not happen, as the new background UI has merged pictures of all factions, but it would be sweet to have an optional button to choose the old darker interface as well.. :) Anyway glad to hear the classic theme again!

Yes that would be the best solution.

Upvote 0
I've not had a chance to play too much, but Betio is a nightmare in the best possible way... tough to attack, but equally tough to defend.

Lots of high-stress panic situations - very curious if this will lessen or intensify once we get familiar with map layout.

Oh yeah, and I love those objectives, makes me want to go as engineer each time I'm an attacker ;)

Upvote 0
I tried to play RO 2 yesterday after around 2-3 (?) months of absence and in the meantime, I have changed my computer hardware. It seemed like I have input lag, like running and shooting commands were delayed by .5-1 second. This was for both in MP and SP. Can anybody confirm having issues with this as well? I have tried some stuff like Vsync on/off etc and it's certainly not a performance issue (played with 60 fps on a server with 50 ms ping, as well as US server with 250 ms ping). Same problems.

All drivers are up to date and no other game gives me the issue so I am curious on what can cause this...

Upvote 0
I tried to play RO 2 yesterday after around 2-3 (?) months of absence and in the meantime, I have changed my computer hardware. It seemed like I have input lag, like running and shooting commands were delayed by .5-1 second. This was for both in MP and SP. Can anybody confirm having issues with this as well? I have tried some stuff like Vsync on/off etc and it's certainly not a performance issue (played with 60 fps on a server with 50 ms ping, as well as US server with 250 ms ping). Same problems.

All drivers are up to date and no other game gives me the issue so I am curious on what can cause this...

Well, it felt a bit "jitter-ish" for me as well, but I don't know if that was related to my hardware or the server. I'll have a closer look on it from now on.
I had that kind of problem for 30 minutes 2 days ago, but it was lag related.

You should try changing all settings to their minimum level (both video and audio settings), uninstalling and reinstalling the redistributables used by RO2/RS (Visual C++ 2008 iirc but I'm not sure, it's mentioned on the forum), see if it still happens.

Upvote 0
So I might still be in a bit of a mood about just the HoS music coming back, not the whole menu, AND we still have to see whether the tweaks you made to balance maps were effective at all (suddenly so many Campaign servers around, hard to tell if its balanced when the other team is attacking now) BUT ...

Classic is just perfect, this guy is not gonna set his server filter to anything else now, I just love how it plays out. Thank you for working on it, now I really feel like I paid for a game that is worth every penny.

Upvote 0

go to mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2\rogame\config\roengine.ini

open it with wordpad

look for (control + f) OneFrameThreadLag=True and set it to False. Note that this will generally lower your fps, however it will make your mouse much more responsive (i absolutely cannot play with it enabled).

Upvote 0