• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Betio and Multiplayer Campaign Changelog

Got any info on the "muzzle flash free" rounds? I'm not familiar with Japanese ammunition. Smokeless, yes. But, flash free?

Right from wikipeida

This reduced charge 6.5 mm ammunition can be identified by a letter "G" in a circle stamped on the outside of the ammunition packaging which stands for the first letter of genso - the Japanese word for "reduced." This special ammunition was also issued to soldiers carrying the Type 96 light machine gun introduced in 1936 and to snipers issued the Type 97 sniper rifle, introduced in 1937. The advantage of the reduced charge ammunition to the sniper was it aided in his concealment as the reduced charge rounds produced less muzzle flash than standard rounds and thus did not give away the sniper's position.
It says reduce muzzle flash but combine that with the long barrel of the Type 38, practically non-visible. I know it says the they gave it to the 97 snipers but heck, good iron sights shot person can be as deadly as the same dude with a scope. :p At level 50 make it an unlock for normal type 38 rifleman and Type 97 (when it comes out) unlocked right at level 0. Make type 38/97 no muzzle flash but with type 96 MG just reduced since it doesnt have a long barrel. I had another source but cant find it right now :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am hoping the map balancing will make some things fresh, and the refined prone will make it less frustrating. Yeah, 1 map and 2 new weapons isnt much, but RS has had a few good custom maps already made and more coming soon, and HoS has several good customs. I wish custom servers were more popular though, I really prefer a busy crowded battlefield.

Upvote 0
What are you all so excited?! Two silly new weapons and another meatgrinder tunnelsryle map. Ah and oh this freaking awesome cp mode, where you have to play the same maps( appartments, etc) over and over. No halftracks no promised lighttanks etc. This game is not a true sequel.

Only registered to spew negativity much eh ? :rolleyes: If you dont like how things go...go somewhere else...ist as easy as 1.2.3....

Campaign mode can be fun and its reversed spawns, so thats interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the near final changelog for the upcoming RO2/RS patch.

Apartments:
  • Changed allied reinforcements to 420 from 365
  • Changed axis reinforcements from 325 to 280
  • Allies respawn rate changed to 15 seconds from 25

Commissars House
  • Most objective capture times have been slightly increased
  • All objectives now lock after being captured

Pavlov's House
  • Balanced artillery amounts for both teams
  • Decreased tank respawn rates
  • Added infantry/tank cover around Jan 9th Square
  • Added field locations for satchel charge pickups'
  • Both teams now only have 1 tank

Station
  • Decreased allies respawn time from 25 seconds to 20
  • Increased objective capture time gradually as the map progresses - final objective capture time has been doubled
  • 1st objective now locks after being captured

I really don't like these objective locks it destroys commisars house imo :/

and why you delete 1 tank in Pavlovs more vehicles the folks want! :D

I love it that you can change the Menu music to the old one

Upvote 0
Ok I hope the crashes are fixed, that would be nice. As the last 3 times I have fired RO up.. it has ended with a crash, making me avoid playing these past few months.

I am glad to see that you have added new content and refinements.

But a few things I immediately take issue with.

I am not a fan of locking points period- Especially on Station (and every other map)- But on Station, If you cannot fight over A- back and forth over a period of time the Russians will lose the map- Which they usually LOSE most of the time anyway.

Making points lock, is like putting training wheels back on your kids bicycle after they learned how to ride it.

It makes the maps boring to lock the points. Because you know that once they get C, its over... Like Mamyyev - which is a map I have long despised for a variety of reasons. Lowering the German reinforcement rate is not going to address the glaring issues with the map.

Namely ... how Germans are rendered almost invisible due to the maps lighting orientation and color scheme. This same set-up makes the Russians pop out and be highly visible. Mamyev should be a Summer Map historically anyway, that would render the beige Russian Defenders a bit more cover from the Trenches that they are supposed to be defending from... as it is now, sticking your head up in most of the trenches is just asking for death with a big red blinking arrow over your head. It is not a defensive map.

This game needs more Tanks on maps that can handle Tanks... not less.

Upvote 0
One question about the campaign mode:

Played it today as axis and the allies had only 25 combat power left but could still attack (which costs 75 combat power)?

I think that happens when the other side also has less than 75, but declines to attack (someone has to attack). Otherwise I would think its a bug but not 100% sure.

Upvote 0