• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm $25,000 "Banzai" Community Mapping Contest Announced!

Correct. Seems fair :) Mind you, you can't help in the judging either if you are a tester :p
to tell you the truth, i'm not sure why testing should disqualify us from making a map or judging in the contest. it's not like we learned how to best make a great map just because we were looking for bugs and what-not before release. we certainly didn't gain any knowledge of how to use the sdk and that's the most major hurdle.
I think keeping testers out is a big mistake. especially since you just disqualified Psycho Pigeon. there's one less map for RS. :( (hope he'll still do one for nothing)

Upvote 0
Not sure if that answer means testers can't make a map and enter or not....

EDIT: I mean RS testers, not the map contest testers...
well, since Psycho Pigeon specifically asked if RS QA testers were disqualified and Alan Wilson said they were, from that I have to assume that it would be a waste of time for a lot of people (myself included) to make a map just for the contest. might as well enjoy the summer and worry about making maps we can't compete with, after summer is over.

sorry. I have no idea what part of that confused you. what part of it did I lose you at?

Upvote 0
I don't see where Wilson said it disqualifies you if you were an RS tester. He only said you can't be part of the map judging.
I see that now. this is what threw me. why he even said it is beyond me. just made it harder to understand. :eek:
" Mind you, you can't help in the judging either if you are a tester". when I read that, I took it as, no, you cannot enter or be a judge.
MY BAD! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
YAY! Another rigged competition! Where do I sign up :rolleyes:

Who's going to win this one, Family of the TWI staff? Friends... maybe a new employee?

We know who's not going to win...evwy customer here on da forwums. :eek:

Nah I'll keep my time to use on something other than a predetermined contest... you know seeing as every other mapping contest TWI has hosted has been won by friends, family and new staff of TWI...strange I know.

:D Don't hate please.
Excuse me but, what the hell are you talking about?! :confused:
Danh was a brand new member of the community and he won the overall previous mapping contest.

Upvote 0
The map can be for either theater.

Z

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0