• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - First Patch And The German Surprise!

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    As you are aware, we released Rising Storm last week and it has been received well by both the community, the press, and many others (Let's Plays and more)! While many players are in game and having fun (as are we when we break away from work!), we have been monitoring the game and community to keep an eye out on issues that need to be addressed.

We have been working all week to address these issues (from crashes, bugs, exploits and balance) and are starting the QA process on them early next week. Once QA has confirmed the fixes targeted in this patch we will roll it out to servers and players as soon as we can.

Our German distribution partner has finished having Rising Storm rated by the USK, and they have given the game an 18 rating. And now for the surprise.... The version of the game they gave this rating is the full uncut version of the game! Surprise! This means with the first patch we will be removing the gore restrictions for German users!

See you on the battlefield everybody!

Our German distribution partner has finished having Rising Storm rated by the USK, and they have given the game an 18 rating. And now for the surprise.... The version of the game they gave this rating is the full uncut version of the game! Surprise! This means with the first patch we will be removing the gore restrictions for German users!

Now that IS a surprise! I take it they re-rated the whole of RO2 with it as that comes bundled with RS?
    So that means the same game rate at different times receives drastically different results. Oh the lovely "science" of game rating and the USK.
    I sincerely hope that this will become a new standard for them.

Upvote 0
    also, please consider adding the nighttime/daytime version of existing rising storm maps i'm doing to the regular release. that would quickly double the number of rising storm maps.

I'm pretty sure that would also double the space on your HD needed for the maps as you'd need two separate maps to download for two different environments.

It'd be nice, but I don't think you can set it all up in one map file.

Upvote 0
    I'm pretty sure that would also double the space on your HD needed for the maps as you'd need two separate maps to download for two different environments.

It'd be nice, but I don't think you can set it all up in one map file.

actually i think with a little change on their part it can be reduced to just the map file needing change and not the loaded levels as well.

i see no reason to have sky, fog, ect done at level of art. its easy to move down to map and it would allow for not just day and night, but all sort of time of day/night and weather conditions.

so i can do a very foggy version or a version with lots of smoke then very easily.

Upvote 0