• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Rising Storm Release Date: May 30, 2013

Well, everyone has wanted to know the release date - and now you do! This Thursday - May 30, 2013. Just 2 days to go - just 2 days of the 15% pre-purchase discount, so if you haven't bought a copy yet, get in there and buy on the Steam Store Page!

It's not summer yet.... the Steam page said Summer 2013..... put the game back in the vault and hold it there until July :cool::D

Upvote 0
:D

Very much looking forward to this. I suspect we'll see the conversion update for HOS servers sometime tomorrow then. Then we'll have to go thru the usual gutter brawl with our GSP to convert our Beta server back to HOS. Oh, well... What else is new? We'll probably convert a couple HOS servers to RS Right off, then we'll get organized for the long term. Thanks to Tripwire for the wonderful work, and thanks to our public for server patronage. :cool:

Upvote 0
I currently have an i7 with 8 threads (turned on HT) however it seems everytime I load this game / play it - the first thread is maxed at 100% and it doesn't utilize my other threads - i have to lock affinities to 2-8 and make sure it doesn't use 1 then it evenly uses the rest of them - will this be fixed via release?

There is only one heavy weight thread, the smaller ones are insignificant. Forcing the OS to use multiple cores might actually slow down your game, context switching is quite expensive. Let the OS take care of that :)

Upvote 0
How large will the RS retail download be on Thursday if you already own R02 and have it installed? Will we be downloading the entirety of R02 again? or is this a patch of sorts that just upgrades R02 to R02/RS combined?

I have a feeling you will have to download all of the RO2 content as well, because they most likely had to recook all the maps for the newer build of the game.

Upvote 0
Don't have internet since a month and won't have it for another one. Why now? Why do you have to do this :D I am gonna sit in my room without internet crying to sleep

Sez the guy posting on an internet forum :cool::p

It would be the same size of the RS beta considering that has all the content of RO2 as well.

Plus the Single Player part, splash screen, etc. details, I'm guessing??

Upvote 0
Cool, exact same crap that happened with RO2.

Those are not comparable in any way. RS is infinitely more polished than RO2 was on release.

Granted there are still bugs here and there (most of which carried over from RO2), but nothing major, and compared to releases by major publishers it actually is top grade (not least thanks to the long time effort polishing RO2).

Upvote 0