• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forum layout change for the upcoming Rising Storm!

Does anybody know if RS will start from the same executable as RO2? I mean is it an addon to RO2 or I have to download and install it to different folder?

I prefer just to start RO2 and switch to RS tbh.

Not sure, but if RO2/RS servers are going to be integrated then I'd assume you'd still have RS in the steam store as DLC (or not?) for RO2, and you'd even get a seperate launcher on steam for it too, but they run on the same .exe, meaning the steam launcher would be for menu changes and stuff? Again, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
I am anticipating the price. I want to know if I have to pay another 50$ for 50% new content since I already paid 40$something for RO2 DDE. Why everybody is getting RO2 for free with the RS instead of the opposite?

If you told us that RS is going to be stand alone game including RO2 before the release of RO2 everything would go in TOTALLY different way. Now I feel cheated because the newcoming players are getting RO2 for free, like a bonus to RS, while me and the whole RO2 community already paid for RO2.

I don't mind paying for RS but your marketing decision is not right, imo. The price of RO2 should stay high and release RS for free instead of dropping the base price of RO2 and then making it completely useless. You see - everybody will go for RS because he is getting 2 games for the price of one (or even less I guess).

Just my 2c.

EDIT: Btw skip "with RS you get just the MP part of RO2 and not the SP" part.. Pfft.. its like somebody is playing the "SP" of RO2 all day and night :rolleyes:

I knew the first time I read the details, it didn't make sense to me. I'm like, wait, what? I feel like it's backwards. I see I'm not the only one. Love and support TWI on RO2 and RS, but bad marketing ideas here. Why would a person get RO2 free for buying RS and have full access? So us DDE buyers of RO2 must also pay for full RS content whereas the latter only pay for one game to get both with full unlocked content? What? I think it's safe to say not many people play SP RO2. No I can't show data on that comment, but let's be honest. To make this deal fair, RS would have to cost more than RO2 DDE did. Don't mistake this for a whiny complaint, I am just trying to wrap my head around the marketing logic. Forgive me, but this seems weak and misguided. But to really give a fair assessment, I would need the prices. Hopefully we get them soon.

Upvote 0
Does anybody know if RS will start from the same executable as RO2? I mean is it an addon to RO2 or I have to download and install it to different folder?

I prefer just to start RO2 and switch to RS tbh.

I hope too but I think you`ll get a standalone game. That would mean that you would have the same game twice in your steam library. Because I don`t think that RS is based on RO2 in terms of menu and so on.On the other hand I could imagine that RO2 owners who buy RS will get just an upgrade on their RO2 version.

I would really like to see it done like in Bad company 2 and the Addon BC2:Vietnam

Upvote 0
rattler = negative nancy.
dude, i'll go on record right now and say I WILL buy you the rising storm game. I think I've said it to you a couple times before as well, but you keep talking about how hurt you are that you have to pay. let me make this clear
I WILL BUY YOU RISING STORM AS SOON AS IT'S AVAILABLE.
on the one condition that you stop posting about how you think you deserve the game for nothing. the rs devs have spent thousands and thousands of hours working on the game. we seem to think that we are entitled to buy it for less than the price of a fast food meal. nah. lets give them the money they deserve.

add me to your steam friends and I will gift you Rising Storm as soon as I can buy it. you will not be unhappy with it!

Upvote 0
dude, i'll go on record right now and say I WILL buy you the rising storm game. I think I've said it to you a couple times before as well, but you keep talking about how hurt you are that you have to pay. let me make this clear
on the one condition that you stop posting about how you think you deserve the game for nothing. the rs devs have spent thousands and thousands of hours working on the game. we seem to think that we are entitled to buy it for less than the price of a fast food meal. nah. lets give them the money they deserve.

add me to your steam friends and I will gift you Rising Storm as soon as I can buy it. you will not be unhappy with it!

GODDAMMIT, I bought RO2 for 2,80€ and know they want another 15€ to 20€ for an ADD-ON? Unbelievable how ignorant they are and why do they release an Add-on when RO2 has still so many bugs like a pre-alpha version? You call that thousands hours of work?

Feel free to buy me a copy, too:D:D:D

In fact I can`t understand why people can`t understand that they have to pay for a product which contains a lot of work and money. And keep in mind that the RS team who were originally moders get something from that money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well thanks if you are not joking but I think you kinda misunderstood what I am trying to say. I am pissed about RO2 losing its value not that I have to pay for RS. I was going to buy it anyway (but if you want to gift it to me I am ok with that too :rolleyes: ). RO2 is very nice game even with its flaws and as far as I know its TWI's baby in any way, which makes me wonder why they decided to COMPLETELY drop its value :confused: The fact this screws everybody who bought RO2 for its full price is just a "bonus" to the whole picture. My main concern is still why RO2 had to be made meaningless. They turned it into a bed for RS.

Upvote 0
Not really. Its a rebirth of RO. If I understand it correctly, you get one .exe. Server admins can swap maps between RO and RS in the same mapcycle. Its a new and improved RO2 (major game enhancements along with a brand new theatre.)

RO2 owners get a "basic" RS for nothing. RO2 owners get the full package for a discounted price. New buyers get everything for full price.

It happens everyday in the real retail world. A product comes out for $x.xx. After a time the price is reduced (due to supply having met demand). To boost sales the "new and improved" product comes out at the same or higher price. Nothing new. If the original product was not up to your standards, you have the choice to upgrade or not. In this case, you get to "try before you buy" with the "basic" version. Nothing to ***** and moan about. Win/win for everyone, imo.

From the start, TW stated what they would do if RS proved to be a worthy mod. Kudos to the mod team. I hope they are substantially rewarded for their efforts.

For the life of me I don't understand how some folks think. If you can't afford the game. Get off your ***, go out and get a job. If you feel butthurt, don't buy RS. Make your point to the company and move on.....:cool:

Upvote 0
Even though I wasn't quoted like Rattler, see the last thing he said about losing its value. I don't mind paying, that's not the issue, though I'm graduating from university tomorrow and have absolutely no money at the moment haha, but the issue is this: RS becomes more valuable than RO2 which was the birth of it all. So for DDE buyers like myself, it becomes near worthless when RS people who weren't loyal to RO2 or are new completely, buy it and get RO2 and full access, yet DDE RO2 peeps must pay for full access. You see? Yes I'll pay in the end, fine, but it's the principle of the matter. Doesn't seem fair in my humble opinion. It almost seems like I'm in a weird way being punished for buying DDE RO2. Again, not whining, will pay, just sayin'. I just hope we get more details of this sooner than later to be able to debate it better.

Upvote 0