• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm - Live Broadcast via Gamespot!

One thing i noticed that every footage come from Guadalcanal, Hanto, Saipan, and Iwo Jima. Also only these maps were in the map vote.
Are the other maps cancelled or .... ??
:confused:

My guess was that the other maps weren't completely ready for GDC which is why they're showcasing these four maps. Betio, Peleliu, Kwajalein, and Nphum Ga will be shown when they're completely ready.

Upvote 0
Do I need a Twitch account to watch those videos? Because when I open the side there is no video, only a white side where the videos should be.

I had to disable NoAds and Ghostery blockers in my Opera browser to fix this, if i not allow the ads at the start of the video i simply can't watch the stream ...

Same happen on them website at this address : http://www.gamespot.com/shows/fps-fridays/?event=rising-storm-beta-20130426 , no ads before the video = no video at all ( forced to watch some ads for COD-BO2 DLC before watch RS video, what a shame ... :mad: )

Btw is it me or there isn't a quality selector in the replay on twitch ( for 720p or 720p+ ) ?

Edit : With Ghostery only it seems to block the ads at the start and allow me to watch the video directly on both sites :)

Edit 2 : i didn't knew about this one, maybe missed it :

Seems like a good way to rush into bunkers kamikaze for me :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was saying that in the early footage on saipan (the one titled "gameplay reveal) the thompson is without the protective flaps on either side of the rear sight, and it had an L shaped peep sight. However, on this latest footage, also from saipan, the Thompson has open sights and protective flaps. The one shown in the earlier footage appears to be a simplified wartime production model whereas the current one has strange open sights. I also think that keeping the peep sight and reducing the number of m1919s could help balance the sides in a realistic way by giving the japanese mgs some level of advantage. However, I have to say that the flames from the flamethrower look great, especially at a distance, also interesting to see the naval barrage as a artillery option, at least on Guadalcanal. Still can't wait for it to come out though

EDIT: if you keep the Lyman sights flipped down, there is a close range notch sight

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So glad that we finally got to see the type 99 lmg in action. That's the only weapon we havn't seen before in gameply footage, and it's the weapon I'm most excited about! A bit concerned, however, with the Japanes assault class. Giving the commander a type 100 is iffy at best... but making it as common as the thompson? We'll see how it plays out.

Upvote 0
I enjoyed watching. Even though I'd prefer watching a stream of people who know what's actually going on and who are active, it was still fun and got me excited.

I'm liking the weapon sounds and everything else so far as well. I noticed the command widget is still a circle taking up the middle of the screen when brought up. We really gonna stick with that? Idk how hard it would be or anything, but why not keep commands on the keyboard like Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat Source as a few examples?

Upvote 0
So glad that we finally got to see the type 99 lmg in action. That's the only weapon we havn't seen before in gameply footage, and it's the weapon I'm most excited about! A bit concerned, however, with the Japanes assault class. Giving the commander a type 100 is iffy at best... but making it as common as the thompson? We'll see how it plays out.

1, One weapon we haven't seen already is the M1 Carbine. From what i saw it will be available only for SLs who can also choose Thompson, so the carbine might be a rarely used weapon? :confused: That would be a shame given it was an important weapon and it would be something that we don't have in RO2 (Stalingrad)

2, I can't really comment on the type 100 but i have to point out that it seems like the Americans don't get 'assault' class at all so we will might get more type 100s than Thompsons ?

Upvote 0
1, One weapon we haven't seen already is the M1 Carbine. From what i saw it will be available only for SLs who can also choose Thompson, so the carbine might be a rarely used weapon? :confused: That would be a shame given it was an important weapon and it would be something that we don't have in RO2 (Stalingrad)

2, I can't really comment on the type 100 but i have to point out that it seems like the Americans don't get 'assault' class at all so we will might get more type 100s than Thompsons ?

You have factor in that under normal conditions the majority of the Japanese team will be armed with bolt actions, while even the lowliest rifleman with have a semi-auto on the US team.

Upvote 0