• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer GDC Interview & Demo

Curious,

Talking about the knee mortar and possibly removing the firing arc for indirect fire. You mention it 'might' be removed for the hardcore mode.

Now, does that mean Realism (since in the description its called hardcore) or the real Hardcore mode - Classic? :D

Still watching...

EDIT: I would rather see a small angle indicator in the lower corner of the screen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a shame that the only live match (as in with actual players and not bots) was only through that dodgy-quality evolve TwitchTV broadcast.

Regardless it's publicity that will hopefully generate interest in this expansion.

Yeah, that's really a shame.
However, this video/interview is really good and informative (even for the beginners).. good job! ;)

Upvote 0
The thing that concerns me about the flamethrower is that it might be a bit too effective in CQB, and unrealistically so. I think if you're using it in any kind of confined space there should be a high chance it'll kill the operator which'd put more emphasis on it being a bunker buster i.e. pouring fire in from the outside rather than running into buildings/bunkers and 'ramboing' with it.

Upvote 0
The thing that concerns me about the flamethrower is that it might be a bit too effective in CQB, and unrealistically so. I think if you're using it in any kind of confined space there should be a high chance it'll kill the operator which'd put more emphasis on it being a bunker buster i.e. pouring fire in from the outside rather than running into buildings/bunkers and 'ramboing' with it.

Keep in mind that he was playing against bots... Against bots, you can kill droves of enemies with just about any weapon.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that he was playing against bots... Against bots, you can kill droves of enemies with just about any weapon.

This.

Realistically, if you tried to rambo vs infantry in the open with the flamethrower you'd get shot down long before you get within range. Flame-thrower carriers will undoubtedly (like in the actual Pacific campaign) become very high priority targets for the Japanese.

Upvote 0
Realistically, if you tried to rambo vs infantry in the open

Notice the phrase "Confined spaces"

Many people complain about the mg's in RO2 and how they're used in CQB due to the fact there's no penalty to traversal speed when fired from the hip etc.

Now imagine the flamethrower with it's insta kill ability, splash damage and ability to go round corners. Maybe this will be nullified by how short a supply of fuel you have, but I still stand by what I said, there should be a risk of the operator being killed if used in confined spaces.

Upvote 0
It's pretty easy to burn yourself with the flamethrower. Although I'd say it is still somewhat effective indoors. The best flamethrower players have to play the game completely differently than other classes. If you just run out in the open waving the thing around, EVERY Japanese player just starts shooting you because its like a big "kill me" target. But if you use terrain really well to mask your approach, close the distance to a pillbox or trench, and then hose the whole thing down, you can be really effective. The key thing is you have to relocate (almost like a sniper) after you use it, because everyone will be coming after you.

Upvote 0
Will the japs have flamethrower?
japanese-portable-flamethrower.jpg

Upvote 0