• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rising Storm gameplay LIVE on Wednesday!

15-20m seems a bit on the short side. It's not really fun to be forced into runnin n' gunnin as an attacker all the time and having to worry about time limits...seems a bit CODish to me. All I can assume from that is that the maps are extremely small.

It should be a server side option right? I mean 15 minutes is great for a BF3 CTF game but sometimes those hour-long games in darkest hour are pretty damn fun

Upvote 0
As long as the actual gameplay over a map does not feel like copy paste it can go on forever without people getting bored.

Anyway regardless 15-20 minutes is pretty much the average for Roost as well. And if you look at the video from the livestream you see the map time for hanto is 23 minutes. DH maps took longer but those had a lot more capzones.

In the end the maptime is tweaked based on the gameplay and not the other way around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyway regardless 15-20 minutes is pretty much the average for Roost as well. And if you look at the video from the livestream you see the map time for hanto is 23 minutes. DH maps took longer but those had a lot more capzones.

Perhaps the average for ROOST for some stock maps, but for the more epic and appealing maps (ie custom maps) the times were longer.

Upvote 0
The same can be said with the current engineer class, yet the issue of unaware allies running into satchels (and eventually mortars and flamethrowers) still exists. Its amazing how many people will still run into an active satchel after repeated voice warnings, and placement on obvious destructible objectives. There are definitely some that just have no idea how to play the class, but the majority aren't just throwing exploives out at random. Something should be done to address this, whether this ends up being lowering the penalty for teamkills for engineers or otherwise is another issue.

People also still walk into artillery, even since RO1, you warn them, and they still run into the artillery like a sheep to slaughter...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
You say 'the issue has to be addressed' as if it's up to Tripwire to take players out on some sort of weapons training course or something.

That's actually a very good idea. If before going into multiplayer you are required to go through a few brief single-player instructional about how to use certain weapons/classes, there will be less genuinely ignorant players and the autokicks would make more sense.

Again in my time playing RO2 (approaching 400 hrs) I have never seen anyone explicit try to grief or tk with satchels, the engineers I have seen kicked all got the boot doing what they were suppose to do (i.e blowing down vital walls/destructible objectives, blowing up tanks, clearing heavily fortified enemy positions). Some people really just don't want to move, despite some one over VOIP screaming at them that there is an active satchel at X objective don't go. Also more clearly marking destructible objectives, and maybe making an active satchel more noticeable will also help. I don't see how TWI, literally can't do anything here.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that many people disable voip in this game (and others), i disable it when i play with friends while on a separate teamspeak or sometimes for recording purpose or simply to not hear some annoying 15yo voices ;) .

Voip for teamwork is nice but often it's more a annoyance than a help in random servers.

The times i enable the voip in the .ini files is probably less than 15% of the times i play the game.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that many people disable voip in this game (and others), i disable it when i play with friends while on a separate teamspeak or sometimes for recording purpose or simply to not hear some annoying 15yo voices ;) .

Voip for teamwork is nice but often it's more a annoyance than a help in random servers.

The times i enable the voip in the .ini files is probably less than 15% of the times i play the game.

Don't know what you're talking about, I've never had problems with voip on Red Orchestra. Almost 100% of the time people that use it are really trying to coordinate the team and promoting team play!

Upvote 0

There is actually a muting system, so don't mute VOIP all together, just the people annoying you?

Upvote 0
Annoying people is one of the reasons, there is few others reasons such as not having multiple voices all over when already using an external communication tool with friends for example.

Not even speaking about how the game renders the sounds in game and this making the things even worse once there is voip activated with some kind of distortions occurring way more when auto weapons fire up around me.

Like i said voip is nice for teamwork but in this game and in my case i often find it more enjoyable to play without it for many different reasons than having it, this does not prevent me to play using teamwork and to not do too bad in game :p

The fact that you never had a problem with voip in game doesn't mean that everybody never had or that it does not annoy people to have this in games for many other reasons.

Upvote 0