• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Barashka

A lot of community members have been asking when we'll be adding more vehicles to the game, particularly troop transports. The short answer is that we've shifted around our plans a bit and additional vehicles are something that we're still looking to add, but won't be coming in the really near future.

Well, that is disappointing. I was really hoping you guys are working on halftracks because it seems like it is the top priority for alot of people in the game.

Upvote 0
As long as its done respectfully, what's the problem? Would you prefer people to lie?

TWI needs honest feedback.

Considering they've gone above and beyond for the moaners of this forum, you'd think they could bite their tongues now and again! This whole post is full of good news for everyone! Even the tight a*ses that aren't even willing to buy RS! and yet...there's more complaining! :rolleyes:

The game cost about as much as a dominos pizza! But the way some people whine it's like they had to sell a body part to buy it!

Cheer up people for gods sake! :p

Upvote 0
The game cost about as much as a dominos pizza! But the way some people whine it's like they had to sell a body part to buy it!
Its easy to say that everybody is just whining. If I order a pizza and on the menucard is written that there will be peperonis on it then i want it with peperonis. Its that easy! :D

And no i didn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with the others, we need halftracks for a map like Barashka. If not you're just going to have to spawn on SL and make a lot of alternate spawns too, which sucks :/

Although I am happy about RS, it's going to be fun! And hooray for no splitting! You guys always think of new ways to solve problems. I do hope MP Campaign, and some phase one maps winners come along with the Barashka update, maybe steamworkshop will be on there by that time too.

Lots of new stuff coming guys! It may not be in-game content like weapons or vehicles, but it's definitely keeping me happy and helps the community!

Upvote 0
Behave! The "lack of promised content" isn't the reason for all of them I can guarantee!
Yeah, I am sure you know better why the people of my community which i am playing games with for years stopped playing Ro2 ;)! btW a ArmA community and no CoD players.

And when you think that everthing is just whining,... nice.
But what i see if i am reading trough the forum is that i am not alone with that opinion! And sure,... everybody can just say how awsome everything is. But i prefer to tell what i am feeling in a respectful way instead of blandish everything. So you can tell what you want, but pls don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree 100% with everything this man said!

I was really looking forward to some transport vehicles. I believe there are plenty of community mappers releasing maps. IMO, I just think TWI should spend less time on map(s) right now, and more time on stuff like weapons, vehicles, tanks..etc.

Thanks for the new map, looking forward to it.

This ^^^^^ no transports in the near future is a low blow considering that we were promised them a year ago,and switching your attention to RS is desertion of the modders/mappers who supported this game and worked hard building maps in the hope that they would be able to add transports at a later date.
Without transports the custom mappers are limited to the size and type of map they can make and may walk away from this game.
Shame on you TWI, your broken promises will come back to haunt you, as Six_Ten says...........we need halftracks.

Indeed. I hated that map for how static its gameplay was, and that was with transports. I don't think I ever saw it win on a full cap except when the server was nearly empty. This version is going to suck like a collapsing star unless it gets some major edits from what it was in RO1.

Bad news to hear that DieBresche didn't make it into the contest...not updated, I assume. That was by far the best custom map made so far.
Whilst i disagree about which is the best custom map, i do agree with your assessment of Barashka, without transports this map without modifications will suck, and will turn into what will effectively be a sniper map with tanks.:IS2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This great news Yosh

Nice to see confirmation that RO2 owners will be looked after with the discounted upgrade price.

And i like the idea that no-one will get booted if servers run RS and RO which means more are likey to do it and no split in community either which ia awesome news as we are quite small and splintering it would not have been good.

Shame about the transports but at least we've got something nice instead and we still have transport to look forwards too

Upvote 0
Too bad we'll have no APCs soon, although it was announced twenty months ago that they would be shipped after game release : [url]http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad-preview/[/URL] I think those should have been high priorities, along with gameplay refinements. Maps like Arad2 really needed those APCs... it severely restricts in mapping possibilities.

I did not expect a new map from TWI, as community mappers do a great job. I didn't like much Barashka in RO1, but I wonder how it will be played.

What about multiplayer campaign testing ?

By the way, very good news are coming from Rising Storm.

Upvote 0
every time i think about this thread, i am saddened. i was expecting some great stuff to be coming soon. now we get a new official map. that's it?
campaign mode? tried it both times you let us have a server to play it on. gotta say, it's not gonna do anything to save the game. content is what's needed. now it seems, it's not what we're gonna get? every time i log into the game, i take note of how many players there are. it's less all the time. i posted a thread suggesting you have a free weekend or something, to boost player count. i got some feedback from fans, saying that perhaps you should wait till the content was ready. now what. there really isn't going to be any, is there? just the one new map.

i got kicked from the steam forums for defending tripwire from the trolls that just wanted to poop on the devs and the game. right now it feels like i wasted my time.

sorry for sounding so butt-hurt. i'm just really, really disapointed right now. my favorite game's in trouble and even i can't deny it this time.:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Usually i'm really not complaining about RO2, it's a great game after all, with, of course, balance/technical issues etc.

So, most of the gameplay is fine for me (or at least i can get comfortable with it), but halftracks are really a missing link for greater gameplay here.
Honestly, like Partisan]Brice said, they really should've implemented this before introducing a new map, especially because we saw a lot of _really_ great custom maps the last 1-2 months.

Sorry, but i strongly disagree on this decision..
However, looking forward to RS for sure, it'll be great :)

Upvote 0
Half tracks is the main reason why I've only released tank version of Arad. And not to mention I have another large map I "was" working on that's CA, and thought HT's would be released by the time the map was ready for release. I made it with HT's in mind. Oh well wishful thinking. Another map trashed. :-(

Back to making maps the size of shoe box :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Or, perhaps some of the TWI guys or a modding team could try making the tanks ride-able as an interim solution...

That would be great for future maps! I just dont think the maps are big enough where people need the transports right now (at least stock maps). Why expose yourself when you can just sprint and use cover to get to where you want to go.

Upvote 0