• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We Are Up To - Barashka

Our current plan is to allow existing RO2 owners to upgrade to Rising Storm at a significant discount compared to someone that just buys Rising Storm outright. Additionally, we will not be splintering the community by keeping players separated. Servers will be able to run RO2 and Rising Storm maps back to back on the same server. Finally, while we're not quite ready to release the details of exactly how it will work, RO2 players that don't own Rising Storm won't just get booted off the server when a Rising Storm map comes up. Rather RO2 owners will be able to play Rising Storm even if they haven't purchased the add-on, likely with some limitations on weapon/class selection. So to summarize, RO2 owners will get a discount on Rising Storm, and everybody will be able to play together on the same servers!

I truly applaud all the decisions regarding RS. The possibility to play a RS map right after a regular RO2 map on the same server is much better than having to launch RS separately as is the case with many mods/expansion packs. The possibility to play RS maps when it loads up even if one does not own RS also sounds great and shows the generosity of the TWI/RS team.

Although I would prefer to leave this post solely on the positive side, I have to chime in that I'm not too happy about a Barashka remake. I expected a brand new map after reading the previous WWAUT post. Barashka is definitely not one of my favorites and I would rather qualify it as one of my repressed memories from RO1. If there will be more maps remade from RO1 then I would strongly suggest that you guys give Leningrad a consideration. Nonetheless, I won't be so quick to judge the remake without having yet tried it out, maybe it will be better than the original.

Upvote 0
Hm, only now have I noticed this is the first official map outside Stalingrad. Barashka is in Hungary, though. The battle took place in the winter of '44-'45.
Hm, that's a little bit of a shame then. I was hoping that TWI would continue their Stalingrad theme for all of their maps and add-ons. If they wanted to do a Bridge map, then Kalach-na-Donu of Stalingrad would have made a great battle.

Oh well, it still looks like it should be fun though. Those long distances should give the riflemen something to do. :)

Upvote 0
working "full time" on Rising Storm instead of let some employees finish the work on the long promised free content is not the right decision in my opinion.
i'm not happy about what were getting and not getting either, but i'm not gonna misinterpret what yoshi said and then post my misinterpretation to confuse others. no one ever said all the employees are now working on Rising Storm.
p.s. where's the new tanks? we're not getting them either? :(

Upvote 0
Oh well. Saturday morning here, having breakfast, seeing that there is a new WWAUT post. Awesome!

Well, the good part is about the integration of RS into HOS. Best solution selected.

However, it probably doesn't matter to me anymore. We are waiting for new tanks and halftracks for 1 year (-1 week) and so far, only saw 1 map added and 1 soon to be added, while at the same time, TWI focuses on Rising Storm. While I can understand that TWI wants to increase the playerbase through the RS release and make another buck, I honestly say that if by the release of RS, we are not getting new vehicles for HOS, I am abandoning the franchise.

With halftracks added right about now, the 2nd phase of the map contest could have been so much better due to completly new gameplay aspects. Looks like not. :mad:

As Cultivator and Wolverine have pointed out already: we were under the impression that at least the new tanks were already WIP at a pretty decent stage, it now feels like I have been mislead and nothing has been done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm glad to hear RS is going to be reduced in price for us with HoS. I am a little sad that Half-Tracks aren't going to be in the new map, because if I remember that map correctly, they were pretty important for getting the objectives.
I am excited to see them when they are done, and would rather them take their time on it than push out something that is no good.

Upvote 0
I'm sure there are conecept and very early models already set up for the carriers and/or tanks. I don't know how much coding/reasearch/modeling actually goes into the process but from what they tell us it took around 3 months to get the first tanks down. Hopefully now they got the hang of it and won't let us down.

Content is difficult to make apperantly, if not we would have seen at least some weapons by some modders by now, I mean Coin-goD is working on his AT gun, but nothing close to new weapons from even the modding community.

I wonder if Blitzk.-Bob will be done with vehicles before TWI >.> Hopefully by them Steamworkshop will be alive and running.

Upvote 0