• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Counterattack" Mapping Contest for RO2

The guy that made that map's name is Rich Black. And we can probably get in touch with him. I know Alan (Wilson) ran into him in the UK a while back.

I actually am going to discuss the remake permission thing with the guys here (and the TWI lawyer). I would think if you completely remake a map from scratch that is basically "inspired" by another map it would probably be alright. But if you did a straight port of another map without permission that would not be alright. But for now I would play it safe and get permission.

If you could get in contact, that would be amazing. Have never been able to get a reply. And if we are allowed, would like to know who would pick it up. Would prefer to not have two mappers crossing paths by working on the same map twice.

Upvote 0
Fantastic News..Last time TWI did this we had all the winners added as an official update..that was 10 new maps in one massive update..we went from 15 official maps to 25 overnight..

Great news for mappers with some very cool prizes and great news for us players..we get a shedload of new maps for free..

Well done TWI for doing this again..:D

Upvote 0
The guy that made that map's name is Rich Black. And we can probably get in touch with him. I know Alan (Wilson) ran into him in the UK a while back.

I actually am going to discuss the remake permission thing with the guys here (and the TWI lawyer). I would think if you completely remake a map from scratch that is basically "inspired" by another map it would probably be alright. But if you did a straight port of another map without permission that would not be alright. But for now I would play it safe and get permission.

Yup, I can find Rich... I know where he works - know quite a few of his bosses too :)

$10,000?! Where does a small company like TWI get this kind of money? :eek:

Same place we got the millions of dollars we invested into the development of RO2 - hard effing work!

Upvote 0
How many entrees per-person?

I hope as many as one can possibly make. Wouldn't understand why there should be a restriction. If I buy 2 lottery tickets, I have doubled my chances to win, no?

Anyways, Pro-tip: Jucha remake will not just make you win the contest. You would make me the happiest RO-player like in, EVER ;)

Upvote 0