• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What We are Up To - Feedback and Tweaking

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone, welcome back to a new edition of the "What We Are Up To" series of posts. As most of you have noticed RO Classic went out in the last beta update along with even more refinements to the game, and we are not done yet. We have further upcoming refinements, Multiplayer campaign and more in store for the future. Read on to find out the details.

While there are still more refinements and changes that have not yet made it into the beta, we are watching player reaction to what is currently available with a keen eye. For those who haven't yet had a chance, grab the beta from steam and participate in the beta forums. All the current changes can be found here in the stickies, with the community discussion following up in the feedback section. Remember we are looking at all the game modes for tweaks (normal, realistic and classic), so join the discussion today! They next update will include several tweaks based off this feedback, more refinements, and most likely Multiplayer Campaign.

Those who remember the initial posts about the beta and what would be going into it know that the next/last BIG thing coming will be Multiplayer Campaign mode. This mode will allow server admins to turn their server into a grand campaign for the city of Stalingrad. When joining, each player will pick a team and head to the front. When the campaign starts (with both sides having the territories split equally between them), a team will be randomly selected to have the initiative and choose where they want to start the attack. As each battle plays out the teams will expend manpower for land, and regain some between battles depending on how much territory they control. The first team to control all territories or force the other team to expend all of its manpower will win the day.

Last, but not least in this edition of "What We Are Up To" is talking a bit about the future. The beta has be going nicely and that means we are getting much closer to getting the things in out in the main build. Depending on how fast things come together it will come out in one of two fashions. Sooner: There will be a large patch with most if not all the content. Later: Things will be rolled out in smaller (but still fairly large) chunks of content over time as things are completed, put into beta and pushed out. There are also several grand plans we are discussing (you might want to start digging into the SDK!), but we have nothing to announce just yet.

Speaking of working with the community, we have one final thing to announce today, the new Tripwire Interactive Wiki. While it is currently in a bare bones state, we will be working with the community to fill it with content. We hope for it to server as a general Knowledge Base for both players and modders for all of our titles. We'll be working on getting modding information from across the forums into the wiki over the coming days and weeks as well (unless you beat us to it!). Have a great week everyone and make sure to join the beta!

Reactions: Shadrach
    Great news. Unfortunately, I have been overrun by work so that I only had 25 mins time to join the beta for a quick try. It felt good however.

Just a question about the multiplayer campaign:

You choose a side and then, through the whole campaign, stick with it, right? (or can u change after a map switch?)

I am wondering how this whole thing should work, given the fact that many players leave and join at the time of map switching. So you play Apartments and after map switch, 10 players disconnected. How to replace them? And what if the commander who decides where to attack is leaving?

The multiplayer campaign definitly sounds awesome, but I am a bit (or a bit more) in the dark about how the mechanics work. Please enlighten me ;)

Upvote 0
    Speaking of working with the community, we have one final thing to announce today, the new Tripwire Interactive Wiki.

Regarding the wiki, which licence will be used? I have a portal about game development in spanish and we use a CC-BY-SA license and I want to know if we can translate the articles of your wiki (if you permit multilingual, we'll translate the official wiki of course).

Many Thanks in advance,
    Theck

Upvote 0