• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Watch the Final Match of the Scorched Earth Tournament Live

Like many others (I think I saw the viewer numbers around 300), I wanted to watch the match last evening.

Two clans at the top of their game, with great strategies and positions, competing for a large cash prize - All to play for !

What was very disappointing was:-

1. Commentators - Lack of map knowledge and basic understanding of how Countdown is played
2. Commentators - Lack of any knowledge of the teams or of the individual players, how they got to the finals etc. . . .
3. CameraMan - Easy way to develop motion sickness is to constantly switch views! If the CameraMan had an understanding of where the action was per Cap, it would have allowed the viewers to see the action ! Far too much time was taken in Sky Cam trying to find the action / chokepoints.
4. No video ! ! Mistakes like switching the screen are so basic that I struggle to comprehend how this can be missed. You were broadcasting !
5. Player scores; I cannot recall ever seeing the Player Scoreboard and this would have helped to determine who was getting the kills and from what position.

An opportunity to showcase the game came across as an 'half-a$$ed attempt'.

I hope the next coverage improves.

kba

Upvote 0
Like many others (I think I saw the viewer numbers around 300), I wanted to watch the match last evening.

Two clans at the top of their game, with great strategies and positions, competing for a large cash prize - All to play for !

What was very disappointing was:- [..]

Very well said! I quit after about 10 minutes.

Upvote 0