• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Watch the Final Match of the Scorched Earth Tournament Live

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    The first round of the final match of the Scorched Earth Tournament is getting underway. Tune in HERE to watch it live. As the match goes on, John Gibson will be fielding questions from the commentators about the game and its future (along with all things Tripwire). So don't delay and head on over now!

Thanks

Don't think theres a single bolt action rifle being used lol

Nope. Everyone is either SL, Assault, or Commander. Competitive play seeks to take advantages of the gameplay as much as possible.

Having playing with many of these guys before, they're deadly. Great shots, they know the maps like their living rooms. At range, they nail you in a heartbeat. That said, I'd love to see how competitive play evolves once Classic makes it into the regular game.

EDIT: Listening to John Gibson now in the stream... you guys have done a great job listening to the community. After hearing the Mass Effect 3 debacle, my god I am grateful that community input matters here.:)

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    RO2 really isn't a competitive game.

These players, some of them have farmed bots so they have a STATISTICAL, ARTIFICIAL advantage over other players.

How is that competitive?

Combine that with no latency compensation, and since I'm assuming this is a U.S. server the euro team is at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Coopsta
    Upvote 0
    RO2 really isn't a competitive game.

These players, some of them have farmed bots so they have a STATISTICAL, ARTIFICIAL advantage over other players.

How is that competitive?

Combine that with no latency compensation, and since I'm assuming this is a U.S. server the euro team is at a disadvantage.

I can only vouch for my own, team, but we have not farmed bots at all. And you are obviously unaware of how the competitive scene works. Even if someone did farm bots, weapon levels, ranks, everything is equal. Everyone's weapons are the same level, 0, and everything else is even in that aspect. Everyone is on the same playing field. Regarding the euros having high ping, we are going to have to deal with the same thing next week, as the second half of the match will be on an EU server. Get your facts straight.

Reactions: Coopsta
    Upvote 0
    I can only vouch for my own, team, but we have not farmed bots at all. And you are obviously unaware of how the competitive scene works. Even if someone did farm bots, weapon levels, ranks, everything is equal. Everyone's weapons are the same level, 0, and everything else is even in that aspect. Everyone is on the same playing field. Regarding the euros having high ping, we are going to have to deal with the same thing next week, as the second half of the match will be on an EU server. Get your facts straight.

Wouldnt it be better to play both match on a Russian Server ? So both teams have High pin g during both match ?!

Upvote 0