• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reopening the Red Orchestra 2 Beta

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Three weeks ago we started a campaign of information dealing with upcoming (often work in progress) changes coming to Red Orchestra 2. We have covered the additions of RO Classic and Multiplayer Campaign, the new map Mamayev, and upcoming refinements to the game. This is all culminating in the reopening of the Red Orchestra 2 Beta for all players to help us test and give feedback on these changes and additions!

Below you will find the initial list of changes going into the beta:

New Content
    • New to the beta is Mamayev Kurgen which is a map taking place on the famously contested hill overlooking Stalingrad. This work-in-progress map features long range combat not previously seen in other RO2 levels!
    Gameplay
    • Improved lockdown system. Lockdown now starts if the attacking team has not initiated a capture in 5 minutes or has not captured any objective in 7 minutes. There are new sound and visual indications when Lockdown has been initiated.
    • Improved overtime system. Overtime has been added to territory maps. If the attackers are still actively capping an objective the round will no longer end.
    • Improved spawn protection. When entering spawn protection there is a more obvious warning as well as a countdown timer similar to leaving the map boundary.
    • (Work in progress) Refinements to spawn on squad leader. The UI has been improved to make it more obvious where you

Reactions: Olivier89
    YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! URAAAAAAA!!!!! ZA RODINU!!!!!! FOR THE FATHERLAND!!!!

Wait for me and I'll return,
    Defying every death.
    "What luck!" they'll say,
    Those that did not wait.
    They will never understand
    How amidst the fire,
    You, with your waiting,
    You have saved my life.
    How I have survived, we shall know,
    Only you and I -
    You alone knew how to wait,
    As no other knew.

Konstantin Simonov

This is the beginning of a new beginning. Classic Mode might still be in the works, but it can no longer be denied... RED ORCHESTRA 2 IS COMING!

:IS2:

Upvote 0