• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What we are up to - Refinements

When you take a shot, you also begin to have HP loss from bleeding unless you bandage. If you bleed out to 0 health, you end up in the slow death state.

It's an interesting (read: bizarre) dilemma. On one hand if I am able (have enough overall HP) to eat the HP loss of a bleed out, that box becomes invulnerable so I am that much less likely to die in the future because even though I have lost the full amount possible for that shot, I can't lose any from that location in the future (but somewhat more likely to die because I do have less hitpoints --only the enemy will have to be sure to shoot me in a new location, not the same one). So I'd never have to bandage that limb, whereas once I bandage I'm guaranteed to lose at least 50% of the total damage every time I get shot there. So the choice is between guaranteed maximum of 100% damage then none to that box ever after to a minimum of 50% damage followed by the potential for 1, 2, 3 more shots at minimum 50% damage. So shoot me again, I dare you. Seems like this "strategy" would basically only work for extremities, though.

What happens in cases where a second, third shot hits the same box before the victim has a chance to bandage? See the problem here? If I shoot a guy with an automatic in his arm, I'll likely max out the damage before he even has time to decide whether to bandage or not, so I'll max out the hitbox damage and make that limb invulnerable no matter what.

Reactions: Viersbovsky
Upvote 0
I think lockdown was/is the one of the greatest idea-implementation pair in the whole RO2. I like the way it is now, it's perfect. You have 7-8 minutes to take 1 or 2 objectives, it's enough time for everyone - only campers could complain about it.

What's even more worrying is the fact you plan to allow server admins to tweak the numbers. Come on ... can't you see there will be servers who will use ridiculous biased numbers if they don't like a particular team ? Giving the option to remove it completely is ok (I will not play too much on that servers, but maybe others will do) but giving the ability to arbitrary change the lockdown times I think it's an obvious mistake.

This.
My biggest concern. Like lockdown as it is, anything else is simply watered down and no longer lockdown if you can simply re-trigger the clock in gameplay by having a player waltz into the cap.

Upvote 0
This.
My biggest concern. Like lockdown as it is, anything else is simply watered down and no longer lockdown if you can simply re-trigger the clock in gameplay by having a player waltz into the cap.

A player can't simply waltz into the cap. They need to actively start capping it.

Upvote 0

Yes to the chat.

No to slowing down the running, It's fine as it is. Played Ro1 for years and I always thought it was too slow.

I played Ro1 for years and I always thought it was too slow.... until I played Ro2.

Hell, I'll admit it. If you quoted me across my time on this forum I'd look like a bit of a politician (hypocrite). I advocated more stamina and speed before the launch of Ro2 and now I think it's one of the biggest problems with the game. I hate the way people rip around corners, buildings, and stairs... and even open corridors sometimes. In Ro1 you were a bit slow relative to your surroundings, but it resulted in a much more natural flow of human movement across the battlefield. There certainly wasn't any bullet dodging, people hit the dirt when they reached the front line (and it really was a front line), and while you were recharging your stamina you had to really think to yourself, "Can I make it to that piece of cover or will I die?".

Upvote 0
Countdown
Guys, I would have to say that your team is actively capturing an objective when you have more people in a capture zone, capable of being captured by your team, than the enemy has.

Movement Speed
I personally think it was just right in RO1.
It's slow paced combat is one of the main reasons why I enjoyed it so.

@Tripwire: Thank you for doing what you do.
Especially you, Yoshi, for keeping us updated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0