• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Meet Mamayev - The Level Designer edition of What we are up to!

How I see/classify maps:

1) Attack or defend maps:

• Apartments
            • Commissar's House
            • Grain Elevator
            • Red October Factory
            • Spartanovka
            • Station
2) Neutral objectives maps:
2a) Mirror maps (both teams have the same kind of cap-zones to defend/attack)

• Barracks
        • Fallen Fighters
        • Gumrak
2b) Non-mirror maps (on Pavlov's Allies get as neutral objective a buiding and Axis gets an "open area")

• Pavlov's House

Where should I place this, Yoshiro ?

We're actually experimenting with a different type of Territory mode for this map. I won't go into detail because we may not release it this way, but you're likely to see it in the beta.

Upvote 0
There's nothing wrong with snow maps... it's just that we have so many of them already. Commissar's House, Red October, Fallen Fighters, and Gumrak are all maps fought after the encirclement.

The Kessel portion of the battle should get plenty of attention in a game on Stalingrad, but if you're going to feature a map on Mamayev Kurgan, why have players fighting on that blasted height when the issue is already decided? It's far more dramatic to place the map earlier during the fall, when the hill is still a meatgrinder, fought over by Germans desperate to take it and Russians resolutely holding on.

Regardless, it sounds as though the map's gameplay will be a fresh new change and the map is a welcome addition! The terrain, scenery, and layout look gorgeous. :)

This guy is a genius!, must be a fencing competition college student!
LOL He is... I totally agree with NIKITA. I was excited to see the map. Then I was disappointed to actually see pics of the winter after the encirclement. Late fall would be better!

Reactions: Nikita
Upvote 0
Why not making 2 maps out of this one?

First version (current): night, Russian defend
Second version: daylight, Germans defend

Both sides controlled this area for several times and it would allow a lot of variety with 2 versions...

Just think of Zhitomir before: The initial version was Russians defending, while the later version had Germans defending and the map just slightly changed. I always thought that was a great thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Second version: daylight, without snow, Germans defend

Both sides controlled this area for several times and it would allow a lot of variety with 2 versions...

Just think of Zhitomir before: The initial version was Russians defending, while the later version had Germans defending and the map just slightly changed. I always thought that was a great thing.
Fixed :)

Upvote 0

Second version: daylight, Germans defend

OMG you sir are a genious,what do you say TWI?:IS2:

Upvote 0

Yeah, or the way you suggested. That's what I meant by referring to Zhitomir, saying "and the map just slightly changed". Of course it would be cool to have it with no snow. Feeling of the map would change, while the work to change the white snow to some rubble should be easy to be done.

OMG you sir are a genious,what do you say TWI?:IS2:

Genious? I am called "Sensemann", not because I make sense, but because Americans call me Sense-man. Actually it's Sensenmann (realize the 'n') and means "reaper". I adjusted my name though as a sign of respect :D

Upvote 0